Identification of two species within the Anopheles minimus complex in northern Vietnam and their behavioural divergences
Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
Blackwell Science Ltd, 1997
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 4, Issue 4, pages 257–265, April 1999
How to Cite
Bortel, W., Trung, H. D., Manh, N. D., Roelants, P., Verlé, P. and Coosemans, M. (1999), Identification of two species within the Anopheles minimus complex in northern Vietnam and their behavioural divergences. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 4: 257–265. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.1999.00389.x
- Issue published online: 5 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 5 JAN 2002
- (1989) Adaptation, speciation and hybrid zones. Nature 341, 497 503. &
- (1987) The effect of permithin-impregnated bednets on a population of Anopheles farauti in coastal Papua New Guinea. Medical and Veterinary Entomology 1, 319 327. &
- (1983) Electrophoretic study of different chromosomal forms within Anopheles gambiae s.s. Parasitologia 25, 239 241. , , , ,
- (1972) Amine-citrate buffers for pH control in starch gel electrophoresis. Journal of Fish Research Board of Canada 29, 1169 1172. &
- (1992) Malaria vector analysis and control. Parasitology Today 8, 113 118.
- (1994) The different levels of population structuring of the dogwelk, Nucella lapillus, along the south Devon coast . In: Genetics and Evolution of Aquatic Organisms (ed. AR Beaumont.) Chapman & Hall, London, pp. 81 95. , , ,
- (1995) FSTAT (ZVersion 1.2): a computer program to calculate F-statistics. The Journal of Heredity 86, 485 486.
- (1990) Population-genetic evidence for two species in Anopheles minimus in Thailand. Medical and Veterinary Entomology 4, 25 34. , ,
- (1994) Review of the internal classification of the genus Anopheles (Diptera: Culicidae): the foundation for comparative systematics and phylogenetic research. Bulletin of Entomological Research 84, 331 342.
- (1980) Medical entomology studies-XIII. The Myzomya Series of Anopheles (Cellia) in Thailand, with emphasis on intra-interspecific variations (Diptera: Culicidae). Contributions of the American Entomological Institute 17, 195.
- (1988) A sharper Bonferroni procedure for multiple tests of significance. Biometrika 75, 800 802.
- IMPE (1987) Key for identification of Anopheles in Vietnam (adults pupae and larvae), Hanoi 1987 (in Vietnamese).
- (1974) Studies on malaria and responses of Anopheles balabacensis balabacensis and Anopheles minimus to DDT residual spraying in Thailand. Part I. Pre-spraying observations. Acta Tropica 31, 129 164. , ,
- (1975) Studies on malaria and responses of Anopheles balabacensis balabacensis and Anopheles minimus to DDT residual spraying in Thailand. Part II Post-Spraying Observations. Acta Tropica 32, 206 231. , ,
- (1995) Deltamethrin impregnated bednets against Anopheles minimus transmitted malaria in Assam, India. Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 98, 73 83. , , , ,
- (1984) Cytogenetic and hybridization studies among 3 strains morphologically variated and belonging to Anopheles minimus Theobald from Japon and Thailand. Cytologia 49, 865 881. , , , , ,
- (1992) Testing electrophoretic data for agreement with Hardy–Weinberg expectations. Marine Biology 112, 517 523.
- (1991) Anopheline mosquitoes and malaria parasites in Taiwan. The Kaohsiung Journal of Medical Sciences 7, 207 223.
- (1988) Behaviour of Anopheles minimus (Theobald) in relation to its role as vector of malaria in a forested foothill area of Burma. Tropical Biomedicine 5, 161 166. &
- (1978) Estimation of average heterozygosity and genetic distance from small number of individuals. Genetics 89, 583 590.
- (1981) Nationwide disappearance of Anopheles minimus Theobald, 1901, previously the principal malaria vector in Nepal. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 75, 603. , , ,
- (1995) Larval habitats of malaria vectors and other Anopheles mosquitoes around a transmission focus in northwestern Thailand. Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 11, 428 433. , , , , ,
- (1995) GENEPOP (Version 1.2): population genetics software for exact tests and ecumenicism. The Journal of Heredity 86, 248 249. &
- (1986) Allozyme Electrophoresis: a Handbook for Animal Systematics and Population Studies. Academic Press, San Diego, California. , ,
- (1995) Testing heterozygote excess and deficiency. Genetics 140, 1413 1419. &
- (1970) Starch gel electrophoresis of enzymes: a compilation of recipes. Biochemical Genetics 4, 297 320. &
- (1996) Enzyme polymorphisms in the Anopheles gambiae (Diptera: Culicidae) complex related to feeding and resting behaviour in the Imbo Valley, Burundi. Journal of Medical Entomology 33, 545 553. , , ,
- Somboon (1993) Forest Malaria Vectors in Northwest Thailand and a Trial of Control with Pyrethroid-Treated Bednets. PhD Thesis . Department of Medical Parasitology, University of London, London.
- (1988) Population genetic studies on the Anopheles minimus complex in Thailand. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 19, 717 723. , , , ,
- (1986) The behaviour of Anopheles minimus Theobald (Diptera: Culicidae) subjected to differing levels of DDT selection pressure in northern Thailand. Bulletin of Entomological Research 76, 303 312. , , ,
- (1981) BIOSYS-1: a FORTRAN program for the comprehensive analysis of electrophoretical data in population genetics and systematics. The Journal of Heredity 72, 281 283. &
- (1998) New challenges for malaria control in northern Vietnam. Research and Review in Parasitology 58, in press. , , ,
- (1996) Epidémiologie Du Paludisme et Lutte Antipaludique Au Vietnam. Editions Médicales du Vietnam, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese full French translation seen).
- (1984) Estimating F-statistics for the analysis of population structure. Evolution 38, 1358 1370. &
- (1951) The genetical structure of populations. Annals of Eugenetics 15, 323 354.
- (1996) Vector Bionomics in the epidemiology and control of malaria. Part III. The WHO South-East Asia region and the Western Pacific region. Volume II. Leading literature-general review 1970–94. Document CTD/MAL/96.1. World Health Organization, Geneva, pp. 312.