Prior BCG vaccination improves survival of Gambian patients treated for pulmonary tuberculosis
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 5, Issue 6, pages 413–417, June 2000
How to Cite
Corrah, T., Byass, P., Jaffar, S., Thomas, V., Bouchier, V., Stanford, J. L. and Whittle, H. C. (2000), Prior BCG vaccination improves survival of Gambian patients treated for pulmonary tuberculosis. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 5: 413–417. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2000.00571.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- (1980) Tuberculin sensitivity in Swedish schoolchildren vaccinated with BCG at birth. Bulletin of the International Union Against Tuberculosis 55, 100 104. et al.
- (1994) The BCG experience: implications for future vaccines against tuberculosis. In: Tuberculosis: Pathogenesis, Protection and Control (ed. BR Bloom), merican Society of Microbiology, Washington DC, pp. 531 557. &
- (1995) The efficacy of Bacillus Calmette–Guerin Vaccination of new-borns and infants in the prevention of tuberculosis: meta-analyses of the published literature. Paediatrics 96, 29 35. , , et al.
- (1988) BCG vaccination against tuberculosis and leprosy. British Medical Bulletin 44, 691 703.
- (1995) Variation in protection by BCG: implications of and for heterologous immunity. Lancet 346, 1339 1345.
- (1989) The distribution and implications of BCG scars in northern Malawi. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 67, 35 42. , ,
- Karonga Prevention Trial Group (1996) Randomised controlled trial of single BCG, repeated BCG, or combined BCG and killed Mycobacterium leprae vaccine for the prevention of leprosy and tuberculosis in Malawi. Lancet 348, 17 24.
- (1992) Cohort study of Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection in patients with tuberculosis in Nairobi, Kenya. American Review of Respiratory Disease 146, 649 654. , ,
- (1998) Novel human immunodeficiencies reveal the role of type-1 cytokines in immunity to intracellular bacteria. Immunology Today 19, 491.DOI: 10.1016/s0167-5699(98)01321-8 , ,
- (1977) BCG scar surveys in Enga province: a medical anthropology note. Papua New Guinea Medical Journal 20, 141 142. &
- (1997) Human T cell responses induced by vaccination with Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette–Guerin. Journal of Immunology 158, 1949. , , ,
- (1993) Protective effect of BCG against tuberculosis, meningitis and miliary tuberculosis: a meta-analysis. International Journal of Epidemiology 22, 1154 1158. , ,
- Tuberculosis Prevention Trial Madras (1980) Trial of BCG vaccines in south India for tuberculosis prevention. Indian Journal of Medical Research 72 (Suppl.), S1 S74.