Indoor residual spraying with alphacypermethrin controls malaria in Pakistan: a community-randomized trial
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages 472–481, July 2000
How to Cite
Rowland, M., Mahmood, P., Iqbal, J., Carneiro, I. and Chavasse, D. (2000), Indoor residual spraying with alphacypermethrin controls malaria in Pakistan: a community-randomized trial. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 5: 472–481. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2000.00581.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- (1987) Evaluation of alphacypermethrin for insecticidal activity against mosquitoes. Indian Journal of Medical Research 86, 601 609. , , et al.
- (1996) Falciparum malaria and climate change in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 55, 131 137. , ,
- (1991) Evaluation sur le terrain de l'efficacité de trois pyrethrinoides dans le cadre de la lutte contre les vecteurs du paludisme. Parassitologia 33, 111 119.
- (1980) Malaria control and long-term periodicity of the disease in Pakistan. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 74, 624 632. , ,
- (1994) Methods for comparing event rates in intervention studies when the unit of allocation is a cluster. American Journal of Epidemiology 140, 279 289. &
- (1993) Evaluation of organophosphorus and synthetic pyrethroid insecticides against six vector mosquito species. Revista de Saúde Pública 27, 391 397. , ,
- (1989) The interrelationship of Plasmodium falciparum and P. vivax in the Punjab. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 83, 471 473. &
- (1981) Duration of the gonotrophic cycles of Anopheles culicifacies giles and Anopheles stephensi liston, with observations on reproductive activity and survivorship during winter in Punjab province, Pakistan. Mosquito News 41, 41 50. &
- (1991) The economics of malaria control. In: Malaria, Waiting for the Vaccine (ed. G Targett), Wiley & Sons, Chichester, pp. 141 168.
- (1985) Pattern of malathion cross-resistance to fenitrothion in Anopheles stephensi and Anopheles culicifacies. Pakistan Journal of Medical Research 24, 115 120. , ,
- (1982) Estimates of malaria vectorial capacity for Anopheles culicifacies and An. stephensi in rural Punjab province, Pakistan. Journal of Medical Entomology 19, 98 101. &
- (1986) Population dynamics of some Pakistani mosquitoes: Changes in adult relative abundance over time and space. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 80, 53 68. &
- (1994) Prevalence of malaria in Afghan refugee camps in Pakistan sprayed with malathion or lambdacyhalothrin. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 88, 378 379. , ,
- (1997a) Resistance of falciparum malaria to chloroquine and sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in Afghan refugee settlements in western Pakistan: surveys by the general health services using a simplified in vivo test. Tropical Medicine and International Health 2, 1049 1056. , , ,
- (1997b) Transmission and control of vivax malaria in Afghan refugee villages in Pakistan. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 91, 252 255. , , , ,
- (1999) Malaria control in Afghan refugee camps: indoor residual spraying or insecticide treated nets? Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 93, 458 459.
- (1997) Chloroquine resistance in Pakistan and the upsurge of falciparum malaria in Pakistani and Afghan refugee population. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 91, 591 602. , , et al.
- (1996) The residual effects of alphacypermethrin and permethrin against the dengue vector Aedes albopictus in wooden huts in Malaysia. Journal of Vector Ecology 21, 85 88. , , et al.
- (1993) Pesticide resistance monitoring and safe and judicious use of pesticides in Pakistan. Journal of Science and Technology of the University of Peshawar 14, 85 91.
- WHO (1998) Report of the second WHOPES working group meeting: review of alphacypermethrin and cyfluthrin. WHO/WHOPES/ 98.10. WHO, Geneva.