Pregnancy and HIV-1 incidence in 178 married couples with discordant HIV-1 serostatus: additional experience at an HIV-1 counselling centre in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages 482–487, July 2000
How to Cite
Ryder, R. W., Kamenga, C., Jingu, M., Mbuyi, N., Mbu, L. and Behets, F. (2000), Pregnancy and HIV-1 incidence in 178 married couples with discordant HIV-1 serostatus: additional experience at an HIV-1 counselling centre in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 5: 482–487. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2000.00582.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- (1997) Government responses to HIV/AIDS in Africa: what have we learned? AIDS 11, S143 S149. , , ,
- (1989) Interpretation and use of western blot assay for serodiagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 38 (Suppl. 7), S1 S7.
- (1997) Health education and promotion for STD prevention: lessons for the next millennium. Genitourinary Medicine 73, 88 94.
- (1995) Impact of improved treatment of sexually transmitted diseases on HIV infection in rural Tanzania: randomized controlled trial. Lancet 346, 530 536. , , et al.
- (1997) A research agenda for AIDS prevention in the developing world. AIDS 11, S1 S4. &
- (1991) Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about HIV infection and AIDS among healthy factory workers and their wives, Kinshasa, Zaire. Social Science and Medicine 32, 917 930. , , et al.
- (1991) Evidence of marked sexual behavior change associated with low HIV-1 seroconversion in 149 married couples with discordant HIV-1 serostatus: experience at an HIV counselling center in Zaire. AIDS 5, 61 67. , , et al.
- (1996) Correlation of HIV-1 RNA levels in plasma and heterosexual transmission of HIV-1 from infected transfusion recipients. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and Human Retrovirology 12, 427 428. , , et al.
- (1997) Role of viral load in heterosexual transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type-a by blood transfusion recipients. American Journal of Epidemiology 146, 655 661. , , et al.
- (2000) Viral load and heterosexual transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type-1. New England Journal of Medicine 342, 921 929. , , et al.
- (1998) Heterosexual HIV-1 transmission and viral load in hemophilic patients. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and Human Retrovirology 17, 42 45. , ,
- (1990) Transmission of HIV-1 among employees and their spouses at two large businesses in Zaire. AIDS 4, 725 732. , , et al.
- (1994) Mortality in HIV-1 seropositive women, their spouses and their newly born children during 36 months of follow-up in Kinshasa, Zaire. AIDS 8, 667 672. , , et al.
- (1998) A randomized, community trial of intensive sexually transmitted disease control for AIDS prevention, Rakai, Uganda. AIDS 12, 1211 1225. , , et al.