Vaccines for the control of HIV/AIDS
Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages A16–A21, July 2000
How to Cite
Gotch, F., Rutebemberwa, A., Jones, G., Imami, N., Gilmour, J., Kaleebu, P. and Whitworth, J. (2000), Vaccines for the control of HIV/AIDS. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 5: A16–A21. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2000.00593.x
- Issue published online: 25 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 25 DEC 2001
- (1999) Live attenuated SIV – a model of a vaccine for AIDS. Immunology Letters 66, 167 170.DOI: 10.1016/s0165-2478(98)00153-9 &
- (1999) Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) -specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity in HIV-exposed seronegative persons. Journal of Infectious Diseases 179, 538 547. , , ,
- (1998) Effect of HIV-specific immune-based therapy in subjects infected with HIV-1 subtype in Thailand. AIDS 12, 1521 1527. , , et al.
- (1999) Poliomyelitis eradication. Virus Research 62, 185 192.DOI: 10.1016/s0168-1702(99)00044-1 , , , ,
- (1998) Advancing AIDSVAX to phase 3. Safety, immunogenicity, and plans for phase 3. Aids Research and Human Retroviruses 14 (Suppl. 3), S325 S331. , , et al.
- (1995) Early suppression of SIV replication by CD8+ nef specific cytotoxic T cell in vaccinated macaques. Nature Medicine 1, 1167 1173. , , et al.
- (1998) A comprehensive panel of near-full-length clones and reference sequences for non-subtype B isolates of human immunodeficincy virus type 1. Journal of Virology 72, 5680 5698. , , et al.
- (1997) Structure-based design of a constrained peptide mimic of the HIV-1, V3 loop neutralisation site. Journal of Molecular Biology 266, 31 39.DOI: 10.1006/jmbi.1996.0768 , , , ,
- (1991) Cytotoxic T cell response to simian immunodeficiency virus by cynomolgus macaque monkeys immunised with recombinant vaccinia virus. AIDS 5, 317 320. , , , ,
- (1999) Pre-clinical development of a multi-CTL epitope-based DNA prime MVA boost vaccine for AIDS. Immunology Letters 66, 177 181.DOI: 10.1016/s0165-2478(98)00164-3 &
- (1996) Particle-mediated nucleic acid immunisation. Journal of Biotechnology 44, 37 42. , , , ,
- (1999) HIV-1 vaccine induced immune responses which correlate with protection from SHIV infection: compiled preclinical efficacy data from trials with 10 different HIV-vaccine candidates. Immunology Letters 66, 189 195.DOI: 10.1016/s0165-2478(98)00157-6 , , et al.
- (1995) Rapid turnover of plasma virions and CD4 lymphocytes in HIB.1 infection. Nature 373, 123 126. , , , , ,
- (1989) The detection and enumeration of cytokine-secreting cells in mice and man and the clinical application of these assays. Journal of Immunological Methods 120, 1 8. , , , ,
- (1995) Kinetics of GAG-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses during the clinical course of HIV-1 infection: a longitudinal analysis of rapid progressors and long-term asymptomatics. Journal of Experimental Medicine 181, 1365 1372. , , et al.
- (1995) Different patterns of HIV-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte activity after primary infection. AIDS 9, 421 426. , , et al.
- (1996) Induction of single and dual cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses to viral proteins in mice using recombinant hybrid Ty-virus-like particles. Immunology 87, 171 178. , , et al.
- (1999) Immunologic and virologic status after 14–18 years of infection with an attenuated strain of HIV-1. A report from the Sydney Blood Bank Cohort. New England Journal of Medicine 340, 1715 1722. , , et al.
- (1997) Recombinant Mycobacterium bovis BCG producing the n-terminal half of SIVmac251 Env antigen induces neutralising antibodies and cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses in mice and guinea pigs. Aids Research and Human Retroviruses 13, 1573 1581. , , et al.
- (1999) Control of HIV despite the discontinuation of retroviral therapy. New England Journal of Medicine 340, 1683 1684. , , et al.
- (1978) Vaccination against pox diseases under immunosuppressive conditions. Developments in Biological Standardisation 41, 225 234. &
- (1999) Historical review of smallpox, the eradication of smallpox and the attenuated smallpox MVA vaccine. Berliner und Münchener Tierärztliche Wochenschrift 112, 322 328.
- (1999) Human immunodeficincy virus (HIV) -specific IgA and HIV neutralising activity in the serum of exposed seronegative partners of HIV seropositive persons. Journal of Infectious Diseases 180, 871 875. , , et al.
- (1998) Cross-clade recognition of p55 by cytotoxic T lymphocytes in HIV 1 infection. AIDS 12, 571 579. , , et al.
- (1996) HIV 1 dynamics in vivo: virion clearance rate, infected cell life-span and virial generation time. Science 271, 1582 1586. , , , ,
- (1997) A pilot phase II study of the safety and immunogenicity of HIV p17/p24: VLP (p24-VLP) in asymptomatic HIV positive subjects. Journal of Infection 35, 231 235. , , et al.
- (1997) CD8+ T cell mediated suppression of HIV replication in the first year of life: association with lower viral load and favourable early survival. AIDS 11, F9 F13. , , et al.
- (1996) Safety and immunogenicity of a novel mammalian cell-derived recombinant hepatitis B vaccine containing Pre-S1 and Pre-S2 antigens in children. Vaccine 14, 207 211. , , , , ,
- (1998) Characterisation of highly purified, inactivated HIV-1 particles isolated by anion exchange chromatography. Vaccine 16, 119 129. , , et al.
- (1997) Nucleic acid vaccines: an overview. Vaccine 15, 785 787.
- (1997) Vigorous HIV-1 specific CD4+ T cell responses associated with control of viraemia. Science 278, 1447 1450. , , et al.
- (1999) Broadly cross-reactive HIV-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes in highly-exposed, persistently seronegative donors. Immunology Letters 66, 9 14. , , et al.
- (1998) Replication-defective HIV as a vaccine candidate. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses 14, 1247 1252. , ,
- UNAIDS/WHO (1999) UNAIDS/WHO Global AIDS Statistics. AIDS Care 11, 253 264.
- (1999) HIV vaccine in trial in Africa. Journal of the American Medical Association 281, 889 .
- (1997) Induction of mucosal and systemic responses against human immunodeficincy virus type 1 glycoprotein 120 in mice after oral immunisation with a single dose of Salmonella-HIV vector. Aids Research and Human Retroviruses 13, 1187 1194. , , ,