Therapeutic interventions in HIV infection – a critical view
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 5, Issue 7, pages A26–A31, July 2000
How to Cite
Darbyshire, J. (2000), Therapeutic interventions in HIV infection – a critical view. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 5: A26–A31. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2000.00597.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- ACTG 5025 (1999) Executive Summary. November 17 1999 .
- (2000) A syndrome of lipoatrophy, lactic acidaemia and liver dysfunction associated with HIV nucleoside analogue therapy: contribution to protease inhibitor–related lipodystrophy syndrome. AIDS 14, F25 F32. , , ,
- (1998) Variability in trough plasma saquinavir concentrations in HIV patients – a case for therapeutic drug monitoring. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 45, 501 502. , , et al.
- (1999) A pilot study of the short-term effects of antiretroviral management based on plasma genotypic antiretroviral resistance testing (GART) in patients failing antiretroviral therapy. Abstract LB8. 6th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Chicago . , , et al.
- (1998) Adverse effects of reverse transcriptase inhibitors: mitochondrial toxicity as common pathway. AIDS 12, 1735 1744. , , , ,
- British HIV Association (BHIVA) (2000) Guidelines for the Treatment of HIV-Infected Adults with Antiretroviral Therapy. HIV Medicine 1, 76 101.
- (2000) Antiretroviral therapy in adults. Updated recommendations of the International AIDS Society-USA Panel. Journal of the American Medical Association 283, 381 390. , , et al.
- (1998) A syndrome of peripheral lipodystrophy, hyperlipidaemia and insulin resistance in patients receiving HIV protease inhibitors. AIDS 12, F51 F58. , , et al.
- (1994) Reduction of maternal-infant transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 with zidovudine treatment. New England Journal of Medicine 331, 1173 1180. , , et al.
- (2000) Decreased HIV-1 Fitness after Long-Term Virologic Failure of Protease Inhibitor-Based Therapy: Relationship in Immunologic Response. [Abstract 156]. 7th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco. , , et al.
- (1999) Drug-resistance genotyping in HIV-1 therapy: the VIRADAPT randomised controlled trial. Lancet 353, 2195 2199.DOI: 10.1016/s0140-6736(98)12291-2 , , et al.
- (1998) IL-2 therapy for HIV disease: a meta-analysis of three randomized, controlled trials. [Abstract 608]. 5th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Chicago. , , et al.
- (1997) Identification of a reservoir for HIV-1 in patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy. Science 278, 1295 1300. , , et al.
- (2000) Structured Cyclic Antiretroviral Therapy Interruption (STI) in Chronic Infection May Induce Immune Responses Against HIV-1 Antigens Associated with Spontaneous Drop in Viral Load. [Abstract LBII]. 7th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, San Francisco. , , et al.
- (1999) Intrapartum and neonatal single-dose nevirapine compared with zidovudine for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 in Kampala, Uganda: HIVNET 012 randomised trial. Lancet 354, 795 802.DOI: 10.1016/s0140-6736(99)07419-x , , et al.
- (1997) A controlled trial of two nucleoside analogues plus indinavir in persons with human immunodeficiency virus infection and CD4 cell counts of 200 per cubic millimeter or less. New England Journal of Medicine 337, 725 733. , , et al.
- (1998) Maintenance antiretroviral therapies in HIV-infected subjects with undetectable plasma HIV RNA after triple-drug therapy. New England Journal of Medicine 339, 1261 1268. , , et al.
- HIV Trialists' Collaborative Group (1999) Zidovudine, didanosine, and zalcitabine in the treatment of HIV infection: meta-analyses of the randomised evidence. Lancet 353, 2014 2025.DOI: 10.1016/s0140-6736(98)12263-8
- (1998) Toward HIV eradication or remission: the tasks ahead. Science 280, 1866 1867.
- (1998) ‘Buffalo hump’ in men with HIV-1 Infection. Lancet 351, 867 870.DOI: 10.1016/s0140-6736(97)11443-x , , , ,
- (1998) Visceral abdominal fat accumulation associated with the use of indinavir. Lancet 351, 871 875.DOI: 10.1016/s0140-6736(97)11518-5 , , et al.
- (1999) Mega-HAART, resistance and drug holidays [Abstract 30]. In: Program and Abstracts of the Second International Workshop on Salvage Therapy for HIV Infection. Toronto, Ontario. , , et al.
- (1998) Changing patterns of mortality across Europe in patients infected with HIV-1. Lancet 352, 1725 1730.DOI: 10.1016/s0140-6736(98)03201-2 , , et al.
- (1998) A randomized, double-blind trial comparing combinations of nevirapine, didanosine, and zidovudine for HIV-infected patients. The INCAS Trial. Journal of the American Medical Association 279, 930 937. , , et al.
- (1999) The Atlantic Study: a randomized, open-label trial comparing two protease inhibitor (PI) -sparing antiretroviral strategies versus a standard PI-containing regimen, 48 week data. 39th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, San Francisco: [Abstract LB-22], San Francisco. , , et al.
- (1998) Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection. New England Journal of Medicine 338, 853 860. , , et al.
- Panel on Clinical Practices for the Treatment of HIV Infection (2000) Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents. http://www.HIVATIS.
- (1999) The role of observational databases: When to start therapy? Autumn Conference of the British HIV Association, London .
- (1998) A randomised trial of three maintenance regimens given after three months of induction therapy with zidovudine, lamivudine, and indinavir in previously untreated HIV-1 infected patients. New England Journal of Medicine 339, 1269 1276. , , et al.
- (1998) A placebo-controlled trial of didanosine plus stavudine, with and without hydroxyurea, for HIV infection. The Swiss HIV Cohort Study. AIDS 12, F71 F77. , , et al.
- (1999) Interim Analysis of early efficacy of three short ZDV/3TC combination regimens to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1. The Petra Trial. 2nd Conference on Global Strategies For the Prevention of HIV Transmission from Mothers to Infants. Montreal, Canada .
- (1999) Efavirenz plus Zidovudine and Lamivudine, Efavirenz plus Indinavir, and Indinavir plus Zidovudine and Lamivudine in the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults. New England Journal of Medicine 341, 1865 1872. , , et al.
- The MRC Quattro Steering Committee (1999) A randomised trial comparing regiments of four reverse transcriptase inhibitors given together or cyclically in HIV-1 infection: the Quattro trial. AIDS 13, 2209 2217.
- (1997) Recovery of replication-competent HIV despite prolonged suppression of plasma viremia. Science 278, 1291 1295. , , et al.