Should trichiasis surgery be offered in the village? A community randomised trial of village vs. health centre-based surgery
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Blackwell Science Ltd
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 5, Issue 8, pages 528–533, August 2000
How to Cite
Bowman, R. J. C., Sey Soma, O., Alexander, N., Milligan, P., Rowley, J., Faal, H., Foster, A., Bailey, R. L. and Johnson, G. J. (2000), Should trichiasis surgery be offered in the village? A community randomised trial of village vs. health centre-based surgery . Tropical Medicine & International Health, 5: 528–533. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2000.00605.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- (1993) Results of community based eyelid surgery for trichiasis due to trachoma. British Journal of Ophthalmology 77, 81 83. , ,
- (1994) Acceptance of surgery for trichiasis among rural Malawian women. East African Medical Journal 71, 803 804.
- (1998) Trachoma in The Gambia. British Journal of Ophthalmology 82, 930 933. , , et al.
- (1989) National survey of blindness and low vision in the Gambia: Results. British Journal of Ophthalmology 73, 82 87. , , ,
- (1999) Simple sample size calculation for cluster-randomized trials. International Journal of Epidemiology 28, 319 326. &
- (1985) Community based action for the control of trachoma. Review of Infectious Diseases 7, 777 782.
- (1998) Evaluation of barriers to surgical compliance in the treatment of trachoma. International Ophthalmology 21, 235 241. , , , ,
- (1992) A controlled trial of surgery for trachomatous trichiasis of the upper lid. Archives of Ophthalmology 110, 667 674. , , , , ,
- (1994) Predicting surgical compliance in a cohort of women with trichiasis. International Ophthalmology 18, 105 109. , , , , ,
- World Health Organization (1996) Future Approaches to Trachoma Control. Report of a global scientific meeting, Geneva. 17–20 June 1996. WHO, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (1997) Global Initiative for the Elimination of Avoidable Blindness. WHO/PBL/97.61.WHO, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (1998) Global elimination of blinding trachoma.WHO, Geneva. Resolution WHA 51.11 adopted by the World Health Assembly 16 May 1998. Text at http://www.who.int/pbd/trachomawha51-e.htm.