Effectiveness of community and health services-organized drug delivery strategies for elimination of lymphatic filariasis in rural areas of Tamil Nadu, India
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 6, Issue 12, pages 1062–1069, December 2001
How to Cite
Ramaiah, K. D. , Vijay Kumar, K. N. , Chandrakala, A. V. , Augustin, D. J. , Appavoo, N. C. and Das, P. K. (2001), Effectiveness of community and health services-organized drug delivery strategies for elimination of lymphatic filariasis in rural areas of Tamil Nadu, India. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 6: 1062–1069. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2001.00813.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
- 41978) Diethylcarbamazine. A Review of Literature with Special Reference to its Pharmacodynamics, Toxicity, and Use in the Therapy of Onchocerciasis and Other Filarial Infections. WHO, Geneva. WHO/ONCHO/78.142.(
- 6National Filaria Control Programme. India (1995) Operational Manual (eds RS Sharma, H Biswas & NBL Saxena) The Directorate, National Malaria Eradication Programme, Delhi.
- 101978) Anthropological Research: The Structure of Enquiry. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.& (
- 121996a) Rapid assessment of rural lymphatic filariasis through key informants. Tropical Biomedicine 13 , 13–16., , , (
- 152000b) A programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in Tamil Nadu state, India: compliance with annual single dose mass treatment and some related operational aspects. Tropical Medicine and International Health 5 , 842–847., , et al. (
- 17TDR (1996) Four TDR diseases can be eliminated. Tropical Disease Research News 49 , 1–2.
- 18WHO (1996) Community-Directed Treatment with Ivermectin: Report of a Multi-Country Study. WHO, Geneva. TDR/AFR/RP/96.1.
- 19WHO (1999) Guidelines for Certifying Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination. WHO, Geneva. WHO/FIL/99.197.