Female genital cutting in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania: changing attitudes?
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 159–165, February 2002
How to Cite
Msuya, S. E. , Mbizvo, E., Hussain, A., Sundby, J., Sam, N. E. and Stray-Pedersen, B. (2002), Female genital cutting in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania: changing attitudes?. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 7: 159–165. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2002.00838.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
- 3Bureau of Statistics (1997) Tanzania Demographic Health Survey 1996. Macro International Inc., Columbia.
- 41997) Female Genital Cutting. Findings from the Demographic and Health Surveys Program. Macro International Inc., Calverton.(
- 51998) Study of Factors which Militate Against the Elimination of Female Genital Mutilation in Singakati and Singachini Villages, Kibosho Ward, Moshi Rural District, Tanzania. Masters Thesis. Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK.(
- 81987) The Circumcision of Women: a Strategy for Eradication. Zed Press, London.(
- 91998) Prevalence and correlates of female genital mutilation in the Kassena-Nankana district of Northern Ghana. African Journal of Reproductive Health 2, 13–24., , & (
- 10Ministry of Health (1999) Taarifa ya huduma za afya ya mama na mtoto, wilaya ya Moshi mjini, kipindi cha Januari–Juni, 1999. Report on mother and child health care services in Moshi urban district, January–June 1999. Ministry of Health, Tanzania.
- 122000) Reproductive tract infections and HIV among women in Moshi, Tanzania. Masters Thesis. University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway.(
- 13MYWO (1991) Harmful Tradition Practices that Affect the Health of Women and their Children. Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organisation, Nairobi.
- 14PATH/Kenya Staff (1996) Female Circumcision in Nyeri, Embu and Machakos Districts of Kenya. Report on key informant interviews. Program for Appropriate Technology in Health. PATH, Kenya.&
- 182000) Female Circumcision in Africa: Culture, Controversy and Change. Lynne Reinner Publishers, Boulder.& (
- 191993) Female Genital Mutilation: a Call for Global Action. Women Ink, New York.(
- 20World Health Organization (1995) Report of a WHO Technical Working Group Meeting on Female Genital Mutilation, 17–19 July 1995. WHO, Geneva.