Socially marketed insecticide-treated nets improve malaria and anaemia in pregnancy in southern Tanzania
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 149–158, February 2002
How to Cite
Marchant, T., Schellenberg, J. A., Edgar, T., Nathan, R., Abdulla, S., Mukasa, O., Mponda, H. and Lengeler, C. (2002), Socially marketed insecticide-treated nets improve malaria and anaemia in pregnancy in southern Tanzania. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 7: 149–158. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2002.00840.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
- 42001b) The Ifakara Demographic Surveillance System. In: INDEPTH Monograph Series: Demographic Surveillance Systems for Assessing Populations and Their Health in Developing Countries, Vol. 1. Population, Health and Survival in INDEPTH Sites. IDRC/CRDI, Ottawa (in press)., , et al. (
- 61991) The risks and severity of malaria in pregnant women. Applied Field Research in Malaria Reports, No. 1. World Health Organization, Geneva.(
- 112001) Insecticide-treated bednets and curtains for preventing malaria (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 1, 2001 Update Software. Oxford.(
- 121996) From efficacy to effectiveness: insecticide-treated bednets in Africa. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 74, 325–332.& (
- 15Price Waterhouse Coopers, , & (2000) National Strategic Plan for Insecticide Treated Nets in Tanzania. Report prepared by: Price Waterhouse Coopers, Tanzania (September 2000). Sponsored by: DFID, UNICEF, SDC.
- 18Roll Back Malaria (2000) The African Summit on Roll Back Malaria, Abuja, Nigeria, April 25th, 2000 (WHO/CDS/RBM/2000.17). RBM, Geneva.
- 221989) Recent findings in perinatal malaria. Bulletin of International Pediatric Association 10, 418–433.(
- 231996) The effect of malaria and malaria prevention in pregnancy on offspring birthweight, prematurity, and intrauterine growth retardation in rural Malawi. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 55, S33–S44., , et al. (
- 241991) Morbidity and mortality at Kilombero, Tanzania, 1982–88. In: Disease and Mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa (eds RG Feachem & DT Jamison), Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 286–305., , et al. (
- 25WHO (1994) Antimalarial Drug Policies: Data Requirements, Treatment of Uncomplicated Malaria and Management of Malaria in Pregnancy. World Health Organization, Geneva (WHO/MAL/94.1070).