Adherence to treatment guidelines in primary health care facilities in Botswana
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 178–186, February 2002
How to Cite
Boonstra, E. , Lindbaek, M. , Khulumani, P. , Ngome, E. and Fugelli, P. (2002), Adherence to treatment guidelines in primary health care facilities in Botswana. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 7: 178–186. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2002.00842.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
- 1Anonymous (1979) International Classification of Health Problems in Primary Care (ICHPPC-2). Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- 31996) Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 15th edn. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia., & , eds (
- 41995) Lecture Notes on Tropical Medicine. Blackwell Science, Oxford.(
- 6CSO (1997). Central statistic office population projections January 1997. Botswana National Census 1991. CSO, Gaborone.
- 7CSO (2000) Health Statistics Report 1998. Central Statistics Office, Gaborone.
- 81996) Inconsistent prescribing behaviour by physicians: its effect on the validity of written case simulatons. European Journal of General Practice 2, 153–156.& (
- 91996) Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine. Churchill Livingstone, New York.et al. (
- 111998) The availability and distribution of resources for primary health care services. Ministry of Health, Health Research Unit, Gaborone.& (
- 141997) Report on the Botswana Drug Use Indicator Study of 1997. Ministry of Health, Gaborone.et al. (
- 15Ministry of Health (1992) Botswana Treatment Guide 1992. MoH and National Standing Committee on Drugs, Gaborone.
- 16Ministry of Health (1994) The Management of Sexually Transmitted Diseases. A Training Course for Health Workers. Modules 1–3. AIDS/STD Unit, Ministry of Health, Gaborone.
- 17Ministry of Health (1997) Botswana HIV and AIDS Second Medium Term Plan, MTP II, 1997–2002. MoH, Gaborone.
- 181988) Prescribing Practices Study. Ministry of Health, Gaborone.(
- 211999) To prescribe or not to prescribe – drug prescribing studies from general practice. The Møre & Romsdal Prescription Study (II). Norwegian Journal of Epidemiology 9. (Thesis)(
- 22WHO (1990) A Manual for the Treatment of Diarrhoea. World Health Organization, Geneva.
- 23WHO (1991) Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI). Case Management Charts. World Health Organization, Geneva (http://www.unaids.org).
- 24WHO (1997) Managing for rational drug use. In: Managing Drug Supply: the Selection, Procurement, Distribution, and Use of Pharmaceuticals, 2nd edn. Kumarian Press, West Hartford.
- 25WHO (1998) Botswana: Epidemiological Fact Sheet on HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases. UNAIDS/WHO, Geneva (htpp: //wwww.unaids.org).
- 26WHO (1996) ATC classification and DDD assignment. WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Methodology, c/o Norsk Medisinaldepot AS, Oslo, Norway.