Free bednets to pregnant women through antenatal clinics in Kenya: a cheap, simple and equitable approach to delivery
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2002
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 7, Issue 5, pages 409–420, May 2002
How to Cite
Guyatt, H. L. , Gotink, M. H. , Ochola, S. A. and Snow, R. W. (2002), Free bednets to pregnant women through antenatal clinics in Kenya: a cheap, simple and equitable approach to delivery. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 7: 409–420. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2002.00879.x
- Issue online: 9 MAY 2002
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2002
- 5Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) (1999) Kenya Demographic and Health Survey 1998. National Council for Population and Development and Central Bureau of Statistics, Government of Kenya. Macro international Inc, MD, USA.
- 8Division of Malaria Control (DOMC) (2000) Insecticide-Treated Nets Strategy 2001–2006. Government of Kenya, February 2001. Ministry of Health, Kenya.
- 9Division of Malaria Control (DOMC) (2001) National Malaria Strategy: 2001–2010. Government of Kenya, April 2001. Ministry of Health, Kenya.
- 122000) Economic Analysis of Malaria Control in Sub-Saharan Africa. Strategic Research Series. Published by the Global Forum for Health Research, Geneva., & (
- 132001) Bednet benefits blighted by poor coverage. Trends in Parasitology 17, 570570.(
- 162001) Malaria Treatment Seeking Behaviour in Kwale District of Coast Province of Kenya. Thesis for Master's degree. Kenyatta University, Kenya.(
- 172000) Merlin Bednet Programme Review. Kisii and Gucha Districts, Nyanza Province. April–July 2000. Report for Merlin, in press.(
- 18KMIS (2001) Kenya Malaria Information Service (KMIS). Division of Malaria Control/MoH (www.kmis.org).
- 191998) Insecticide treated bed nets and curtains for malaria control: a Cochrane review. In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 3. Update Software, Oxford.(
- 201996) Net Gain: a New Method for Preventing Malaria Deaths. World Health Organisation/International Development Centre, Ottawa, Canada., & (
- 23Population Communications Africa (PCA) (2001) Malaria KAP Survey in Two Districts of Kenya. Final report to UNICEF. August 2000. UNICEF, Nairobi.
- 251999) Permethrin-treated Bednets Reduce Malaria in Pregnancy in an Area of Intense Perennial Malaria Transmission in Western Kenya. 48th Annual meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Washington, DC. 28 November–2 December 1999. American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Washington, DC., , et al. (