Increasing transparency in partnerships for health – introducing the Green Light Committee
Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2002
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 7, Issue 11, pages 970–976, November 2002
How to Cite
Gupta, R., Cegielski, J. P., Espinal, M. A., Henkens, M., Kim, J. Y., Lambregts-van Weezenbeek, C. S. B., Lee, J.-W., Raviglione, M. C., Suarez, P. G. and Varaine, F. (2002), Increasing transparency in partnerships for health – introducing the Green Light Committee. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 7: 970–976. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2002.00960.x
- Issue online: 21 OCT 2002
- Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2002
- 2000) The need for public-private partnerships. Nature Medicine 5, 481. (
- 2002) GAVI, the first steps: lessons for the Global Fund. Lancet 359, 435–438. , & (
- 2001) A global health fund: a leap of faith? British Medical Journal 323, 152–154. & (
- 2001a). American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, ‘One World: Global Health’. 22 October 2001, Atlanta, GA, USA. (http://www.who.int/director-general/speeches/2001/english/20011022_aphaatlanta.en.html). (
- 2001b) Stop TB Partners Forum: ‘Investing in Global Health, A Stop TB Partnership Responsibility’. 23 October 2001, Washington, DC, USA. (http://www.who.int/ director-general/speeches/2001/english/20011023_stoptbforum. en.html). (
- 2000a) Global public-private partnerships: part I – a new development in health? Bulletin of WHO 78, 549–561. & (
- 2000b) Global public-private partnerships: part II – what are the health issues for global governance? Bulletin of WHO 78, 699–709. & (
- 2001) Public-private health partnerships: a strategy for WHO? Bulletin of WHO 79, 748–754. & (
- 2001) Drug-resistant tuberculosis: desperate measures? Lancet 357, 1124. (
- 2001a) Talks to start amid discord on AIDS war: UN seeks cash, consensus on fighting disease. Boston Globe 25 June 2001. (
- 2001b) Working towards AIDS drugstore for Africa. Boston Globe 17 July 2001. (
- 2001) Worldwide incidence of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis. Journal of Infectious Diseases 185, 1197–1202. , , , & (
- 2001) Community-based approaches to HIV treatment in resource-poor settings. Lancet 358, 404–409. , , et al. (
- 1999) Pan American Health Organization's Revolving Fund. Children Vaccine Commission Working Paper. Children Vaccine Commission, Geneva. (
- Green Light Committee (2002) 2002 Application Review Cycle. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 6, 1.
- 2001) Responding to market failures in tuberculosis control. Science 293, 1049–1051. , , et al. (
- 2002) A Long Way to Go: a Critique of GAVI's Initial Impact. Save the Children UK, London. & (
- 2001) DOTS and DOTS-Plus: what's in a name? International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 4, 995–996. & (
- 1995) Control of drug-resistant tuberculosis. Tubercle and Lung Disease 76, 455–459. & (
- 2000) Public-private partnerships for public health. Nature Medicine 6, 617–620. (
- 2000) Vaccines and medicines for the world's poorest: public-private partnerships seem to be essential. British Medical Journal 320, 952–953. (
- Society for International Development (2001) Report of the International Seminar on Global Public-Private Partnerships for Health and Equity, 23–24 November 2000, SID, Rome.
- WHO (1999) Procurement of second-line anti-tuberculosis drugs for DOTS-Plus pilot projects (eds R. Gupta, J.G. Brenner, C.L. Henry et al.) WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2000) Guidelines for Establishing DOTS-Plus Pilot Projects for the Management of Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB). (eds R.Gupta & T.Arnadottir) WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2001a) Instructions for Applying to the Green Light Committee for Access to Second-Line Drugs. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2001b) DOTS-Plus and the Green Light Committee. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2001c) Progress in DOTS-Plus and the management of drug-resistant tuberculosis. In: Proceedings of the Meeting of the Working Group on DOTS-Plus for MDR-TB, 25–27 January, 2001 (eds RGupta & MAEspinal) WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2001d) International Coordinating Group (ICG) on Vaccine Provision for Epidemic Meningitis Control. Report of the Sixth Meeting, 20–21 September 2000. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2002) Global Tuberculosis Control: Surveillance, Planning, and Financing. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO/International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (IUATLD) (1997) Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Resistance in the World: the WHO/IUATLD Global Project on Anti-Tuberculosis Drug Resistance Surveillance. WHO, Geneva, www.who.int/gtb/policyrd/DOTSplus.html
- 2001) Public-private partnerships for health: their main targets, their diversity, and their future directions. Bulletin of WHO 79, 713–720. (