Prescribing practices of rural primary health care physicians in Uzbekistan
Version of Record online: 11 FEB 2003
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 8, Issue 2, pages 182–190, February 2003
How to Cite
Pavin, M., Nurgozhin, T., Hafner, G., Yusufy, F. and Laing, R. (2003), Prescribing practices of rural primary health care physicians in Uzbekistan. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 8: 182–190. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2003.00992.x
- Issue online: 11 FEB 2003
- Version of Record online: 11 FEB 2003
- 1999) Drug Use Studies in Eritrean Health Facilities. http://dcc2.bumc.bu.edu/richardl/IH820/Embaye_ concentration_paper.htm. Accessed March 1 2002. (
- 2000) Drug Use Survey in Macedonia. WHO, Skopje. http:dcc2.bumc.bu.edurichardlIH820Resource_MaterialsDrug_use_Survey_in_Macedonia1.doc (accessed 27 January 2003). (
- 1994) Epi Info, Version 6.04. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta. , , et al. (
- 1996) The anthropology of pharmaceuticals: a biographical approach. Annual Review of Anthropology 25, 153–178. , & (
- 1998) Promoting Appropriate Drug Use in Missionary Health Facilities in Cameroon. WHO Action Programme on Essential Drugs, WHO/DAP/98.14, Geneva. & (
- 1996) Interactional group discussion: results of a controlled trial using a behavioral intervention to reduce the use of injections in public health facilities. Social Science and Medicine 42, 1177–1183. , , , (
- 1993) Field tests for rational drug use in twelve developing countries. Lancet 342, 1408–1410. , , et al. (
- 1999) The Effects of Different Kinds of User Fee on the Quality of Prescribing in Rural Nepal. PhD Dissertation, South Bank University, London. (
- 1999) Injection safety: a global challenge. Bulletin of The World Health Organization 77, 787–788. & (
- 2001) Ten recommendations to improve use of medicines in developing countries. Health Policy and Planning 16, 13–20. , & (
- 2001) Use of Drugs in Sind Province, Pakistan Primary Health Care Facilities. http://dcc2.bumc.bu.edu/prdu/Other_ Documents/Khalil_Concentration_Paper.htm. Accessed March 1 2002. (
- Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan (2000) List of Vitally Important Medications [Essential Drug List]. Prikaz #234 of the MOH of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Russian).
- 1988) Where Does the Tetracycline Go? Health Center Prescribing and Child Survival in East Java and West Kalimantan, Indonesia, Report. Management Sciences for Health, Boston. , , et al. (
- 1990) Injections: a fatal attraction? Social Science and Medicine 31, 1119–1125. (
- Safe Injection Global Network (SIGN) (2002) WHO Department of Blood Safety and Clinical Technology, Geneva. http://www.injectionsafety.org/. Accessed March 1 2002.
- 2000) Metomisol and metomisol containing preparation: myths and realities. Clinical Pharmacology and Therapy 9, 1–5. & (
- The International Agranulocytosis and Aplastic Anemia Study (1986) Risks of agranulocytosis and aplastic anemia: a first report of their relation to drug use with special reference to analgesics. Journal of the American Medical Association 256, 1749–1757.
- UNICEF (2000) Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS), Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Uzbekistan Ministry of Health and WHO/Euro (1998) Problems and Perspectives of the Health Care of Uzbekistan, Tashkent.
- WHO (1977) International Classification of Disease (ICD). 9th Revision. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (1993) How to Investigate Drug Use in Health Facilities: Selected Drug Use Indicators. WHO/DAP/93.1, WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (1998a) Focus on the Patient: Strategy of Reforming Pharmaceutical Sector in New Independent States. EUR/IC/QCPH 06 22 02 WOH/DAP/98.8.
- WHO (1998b) Selected Topics in Health Reform and Drug Financing. WHO/DAP/98.3, WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (2000) Overcoming Antimicrobial Resistance. World Health Report on Infectious Diseases 2000, Geneva. Available at http://www.who.int/infectious-disease-report/. Accessed March 1 2002.
- WHO (2001) More Equitable Pricing for Essential Drugs: What Do We Mean and What Are the Issues? Background Paper for the WHO–WTO Secretariat Workshop on Differential Pricing and Financing of Essential Drugs. Høsbjør, Norway, 8–11 April 2001. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology (1998) Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) Classification Index with Defined Daily Doses (DDDs). Oslo, Norway.