Visceral leishmaniasis and HIV in Tigray, Ethiopia
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2003
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 8, Issue 8, pages 733–739, August 2003
How to Cite
Lyons, S., Veeken, H. and Long, J. (2003), Visceral leishmaniasis and HIV in Tigray, Ethiopia. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 8: 733–739. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2003.01088.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2003
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2003
- 2001) Inter-current and nosocomial infections among visceral leishmaniasis patients in Ethiopia: an observational study. Acta Tropica 80, 87–95. , , et al. (
- 1996) Leishmaniasis. In: Manson's Tropical Diseases. 12th (edn.) (ed. GCook) Saunders, London, pp. 1213–1238. (
- 1997) Aids and leishmaniasis. Genitourinary Medicine 73, 327–329. (
- 1999) Global control and Leishmania HIV co-infection. Clinics in Dermatology 17, 317–325. (
- 1979) Clinical and laboratory features and treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in hospitalized patients in northwestern Ethiopia. American Journal of Tropical Medicine 28, 15–18. (
- 1978) Kala-azar among labour migrants in Metema-Humera region of Ethiopia. Tropical and Geographical Medicine 30, 199–206. & (
- 2001) HIV-associated visceral leishmaniasis. Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 7, 291–300. & (
- 2001) Visceral leishmaniasis in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected and non-infected patients. Medicine (Baltimore) 80, 54–73. , , et al. (
- SAS Institute (2000) JMP Statistical Discovery Software. Duxbury Press, Cary.
- 1996) Epidemic visceral leishmaniasis in Southern Sudan: treatment of severely debilitated patients under wartime conditions and with limited resources. Annals of Internal Medicine 124, 664–672. , , & (
- UNAIDS, UNICEF & World Health Organization (2002) Epidemiological Fact Sheet on HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Ethiopia. WHO, Geneva.
- 1998) Manual of the Treatment of Visceral Leishmanasis. Medecins Sans Frontieres, Amsterdam. (
- 2000) A randomized comparison of branded sodium stibogluconate and generic sodium stibogluconate for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis under field conditions in Sudan. Tropical Medicine and International Health 5, 213–217. , , & (
- 2001) Emerging Leishmania/HIV co-infection in Africa. Medical Mircobiology and Immunology 150, 65–67. , , , & (
- WHO (1990) Control of the Leishmaniases. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO (1996) Manual on Visceral Leishmania Control. WHO, Geneva.
- WHO & UNAIDS (1998) Leishmania and HIV in Gridlock. WHO, Geneva.