Influence of socio-economic background and antenatal care programmes on maternal mortality in Surabaya, Indonesia
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2003
Tropical Medicine & International Health
Volume 8, Issue 9, pages 847–852, September 2003
How to Cite
Taguchi, N., Kawabata, M., Maekawa, M., Maruo, T., Aditiawarman and Dewata, L. (2003), Influence of socio-economic background and antenatal care programmes on maternal mortality in Surabaya, Indonesia. Tropical Medicine & International Health, 8: 847–852. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-3156.2003.01101.x
- Issue published online: 28 AUG 2003
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2003
- 1995) An integrated village maternity service to improve referral patterns in a rural area in West Java. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics 48 (Suppl.), S83–S94. , , , , & (
- 2000) Maternal mortality in tertiary center after introduction of free antenatal care. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics 71, 127–133. , & (
- 1997) Maternal mortality in different Pakistani sites: ratios, clinical causes and determinants. Acta Obstetrica et Gynecologica Scandinavica 76, 637–645. , & (
- 1995) Social and cultural factors leading to mothers being brought dead to hospital. International Journal of Gynaecology and Obstetrics 50 (Suppl. 2), S97–S99. & (
- Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia (2000) Indonesia Health Profile. Maternal and Child Health Services. http://www.depkes.go.id/ENGLISH/Statistics/index.htm
- 1994) Maternal deaths among women with pregnancies outside of family planning in Sichuan, China. Epidemiology 5, 490–494. & (
- Kantor Department Kesehatan Kotamadya Surabaya (2000) Profil kesehatan kotamadya Surabaya tahun 2000. 3–15.
- 1997) Home based antenatal risk screening for planned safe delivery, in reducing maternal mortality in Probolingo district, East Java, Indonesia. Presentation at the First World Congress on Maternal Mortality, Marrakesh, Morocco, 8–14 March 1997. (
- Surabaya Municipal Health Services (1995) Surabaya City Report 1995. SMHS, Surabaya.
- 1994) Too far to walk: maternal mortality in context. Social Science and Medicine 38, 1091–1110. & (
- The United Nations Children's Fund (2000) The State of the World's Children 2000. UNICEF, New York.
- The Prevention of Maternal Mortality Network (1992) Barriers to treatment of obstetric emergencies in rural communities of West Africa. Studies in Family Planning 23, 279–229.
- 1993) Maternal and perinatal health. In: Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries (eds TJamison, WHMosley, ARMeasham & JLBobadilla) Oxford University Press, New York, pp. 363–390. , , & (
- World Health Organization (1999) The World Health Report 1999: Making a Difference. WHO, Geneva.
- World Health Organization (1992) Women, Health and Development in the South-East Asia Region. WHO, New Delhi.
- World Health Organization. (1998) World Health Day, Safe Motherhood, 7 April 1998. http://www.who.int/archives/whday/en/whday1998.html
- World Health Organization (1994) Antenatal Care Report of a Technical Working Group. WHO, Geneva.