You have full text access to this Open Access content
A randomized community intervention trial to increase awareness and knowledge of the role of periconceptional folate in women of child-bearing age
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Volume 2, Issue 4, pages 255–265, December 1999
How to Cite
Watson, M. J., Watson, L. F., Bell, R. J., Halliday, J. L., Burford, N. and Brennecke, S. P. (1999), A randomized community intervention trial to increase awareness and knowledge of the role of periconceptional folate in women of child-bearing age. Health Expectations, 2: 255–265. doi: 10.1046/j.1369-6513.1999.00064.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 11996.& Congenital malformations in Victoria, 1983–1994. Melbourne: Perinatal Data Collection Unit,
- 4Expert Advisory Group. Folic Acid and the Prevention of Neural Tube Defects. London: Department of Health, Health Publication Unit, 1992.
- 5Australian Bureau of Statistics. National Nutrition Survey: Selected Highlights Australia 1995, Catalogue No. 4802.0. Canberra: ABS, 1997.
- 6National Health and Medical Research Council. Folate Fortification. Canberra: AGPS, 1995.
- 7Folate and the prevention of neural tube defects. Australian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics, 1996; 53 (Suppl.): S5 S8.
- 9National Health and Medical Research Council. Revised statement on the relationship between dietary folic acid and neural tube defects such as spina bifida. 115th session. Canberra, 1993.
- 13Promotion of folate for the prevention of neural tube defects: knowledge and use of periconceptional folic acid supplements in Western Australia, 1992 to 1995. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 1997; 21 : 16 21., , , , ,
- 19Periconceptional supplementation with folate and/or multivitamins for preventing neural tube defects (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 4. Oxford: Update Software, 1998., , ,
- 20Printed educational materials to improve the behaviour of health care professionals and patient outcomes (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 1. Oxford: Update Software, 1999., , , , ,
- 23Australian Bureau of Statistics. ASCO (Australian Standard Classification of Occupations), ABS Catalogue No. 1229.0 (1st edn). Canberra: ABS, 1992.