Statistics Canada information is used with the permission of Statistics Canada. Users are forbidden to copy the data and redisseminate them, in an original or modified form, for commercial purposes, without the expressed permission of Statistics Canada. Information on the availability of the wide range of data from Statistics Canada can be obtained from Statistics Canada's Regional Offices, its World Wide Web site at http://www.statcan.ca, and its toll-free access number 1-800-263-1136.
Using nominal group technique to assess chronic pain, patients' perceived challenges and needs in a community health region
Version of Record online: 21 FEB 2003
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 44–52, March 2003
How to Cite
Dewar, A., White, M., Posade, S. T. and Dillon, W. (2003), Using nominal group technique to assess chronic pain, patients' perceived challenges and needs in a community health region. Health Expectations, 6: 44–52. doi: 10.1046/j.1369-6513.2003.00208.x
PRECEDE is an acronym for predisposing, reinforcing and enabling constructs in educational diagnosis and evaluation. PROCEED is an acronym for new elements in planning, implementation and evaluation and stands for policy, regulatory and organizational constructs in educational and environmental development recognizing that other institutional factors influence behavioural change.
- Issue online: 21 FEB 2003
- Version of Record online: 21 FEB 2003
- Accepted for publication 16 October 2002
- 5Stats Canada Vol 2001, No. 2. Health Indicators. http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepub/82-221-XIE./00601/high/sever.htm retrieved September 4, 2001.†
- 6Needs assessment for a University wellness center: a strategic planning project. Health Values, 1990; 14: 24–32., , .
- 7Health Promotion Planning. An Educational and Ecological Approach, 3rd edn. Mountain View, CA: Mayfield Publications Co., 1999., .
- 9The nominal group as a technique for understanding the qualitative dimensions of client needs. In: BellRA, SundelM, AponteJF, MurrellSA, LinE (eds) Assessing Health and Human Service Needs. Concepts, Methods and Applications. New York, NY: Human Sciences Press, 1983: 210–218..
- 13Need identification and program planning the community context. In: AttkissonCC, HargreavesWA, HorowiztMJ, SorensenJE (eds) Evaluation of Human Service Programs. New York, NY: Academic Press, 1978: 215–251., , .
- 14Measurement and Evaluation in Health Education and Health Promotion. Palo Alto, CA: Mayfield Publications Co., 1986., .