Modelling developmental instability in relation to individual fitness: a fully Bayesian latent variable model approach
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
Journal of Evolutionary Biology
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 552–563, July 2001
How to Cite
Van Dongen, S. (2001), Modelling developmental instability in relation to individual fitness: a fully Bayesian latent variable model approach. Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 14: 552–563. doi: 10.1046/j.1420-9101.2001.00315.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2001
- 22000a. What does sexual trait FA tell us about stress? TREE 15: 163–166., ,
- 32000b. Symmetry, size and stress. TREE 15: 331–331., ,
- 42000. Bayes and Empirical Bayes Methods for Data Analysis, 2nd edn. Chapman & Hall, London.&
- 101995. Bayesian Data Analysis. Chapman & Hall, London., , ,
- 111996. Posterior predictive assessment of model fitness via realized discrepancies. Statistica Sinica 6: 733–807., ,
- 121992. Inference from iterative simulation using multiple sequences (with discussion). Statist. Sci. 7: 457–511.&
- 181996. Fluctuating asymmetry in relation to stress and fitness: effect of trait type as revealed by meta-analysis. Ecoscience 3: 400–413.&
- 191932. Das Rechts-Links Problem Im Tierreich und Beim Menschen. Springer, Berlin.
- 211990. Applied Linear Statistical Models. Irwin Inc, Boston, MA., ,
- 231992. Fluctuating asymmetry as a measure of developmental stability: Implications of non-normal distributions and power of statistical tests. Acta Zool. Fennica 191: 57–72.&
- 241995. Biometry, 3rd edn. Freeman, San Francisco.&
- 251998. Bayesian graphical modelling: a case-study in monitoring health outcomes. Appl. Statist. 47: 115–133.
- 261998. How repeatable is the estimation of individual fluctuating asymmetry. Proceeding Royal Soc. London Series B 263: 1423–1427.
- 302001. Recent developments and shortcomings in the analysis of individual asymmetry: Can Bayesian statistics help us? In: Developmental Instability: Causes and Consequences (M. Polak, ed.), Oxford University Press, Oxford., ,