A genotypic trade-off between the number and size of clonal offspring in the stoloniferous herb Potentilla reptans
Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2002
Journal of Evolutionary Biology
Volume 15, Issue 5, pages 880–884, September 2002
How to Cite
Stuefer, J. F., Van Hulzen, J.B. and During, H. J. (2002), A genotypic trade-off between the number and size of clonal offspring in the stoloniferous herb Potentilla reptans. Journal of Evolutionary Biology, 15: 880–884. doi: 10.1046/j.1420-9101.2002.00435.x
- Issue online: 21 AUG 2002
- Version of Record online: 21 AUG 2002
- Received 10 December 2001; revised 3 May 2002;accepted 15 May 2002
- 1994. Use and misuse of mixed model analysis of variance in ecological studies. Ecology 75: 717–722. &
- 1985. Resource limitation in plants – an economic analogy. Annu. Rev. Ecol. Syst. 16: 363–392. , III &
- 1997. Response to severe competitive stress in a clonal plant: differences between genotypes. Oikos 79: 581–591.
- 1978. A sexual reproduction: a further consideration. Am. Naturalist 113: 769–772.
- 1986. Survivorship, reproduction and dynamics of Potentilla anserina on a Baltic seashore meadow. Vegetatio 67: 17–25.
- 1988. Ramet behaviour and population growth in the clonal herb Potentilla anserina. J. Ecol. 76: 522–536.
- 1990. Hierarchical selection and risk spreading in clonal plants. In: Clonal Growth in Plants: Regulation and Function (eds J.Van Groenendael & H.deKroon), pp. 79–94. SPB. Academic Publishing, The Hague. &
- 1994. The advantage of long-distance clonal spreading in highly disturbed habitats. Evol. Ecol. 8: 172–187. , , &
- 1997. Evolutionary Biology. Sinauer, New York.
- 1997. Shade-induced changes in the branching pattern of a stoloniferous herb: functional response or allometric effect? Oecologia 110: 478–486.DOI: 10.1007/s004420050183 &
- 1993. Factors controlling the population dynamics of the clonal helophyte Ranunculus lingua. J.Vegetation Sci. 4: 621–632.
- 1994. Life history differences between central and marginal populations of the clonal aquatic plant Ranunculus lingua: a reciprocal transplant experiment. Oikos 70: 65–72.
- 1975. r- and K-selection in Typha. Am.Naturalist 109: 251–261.
- 1997. Structure and analysis of phenotypic and genetic variation in clonal plants. In: The Ecology and Evolution of Clonal Growth in Plants (eds H.De Kroon & J.Van Groenendael), pp. 185–210. SPB Academic Publishing, The Hague. , , &
- 1989. Trade-offs in life-history evolution. Func. Ecol. 3: 259–268.
- 1992. The Evolution of Life Histories. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- 1997. Division of Labour in Clonal Plants? On the Response of Stoloniferous Herbs on Environmental Heteroge-neity. PhD Dissertation. Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- 1998. Differential effects of light quantity and spectral light quality on growth, morphology and development in two stoloniferous Potentilla species. Oecologia 117: 1–8.DOI: 10.1007/s004420050624 &