A planarian orthopedia homolog is specifically expressed in the branch region of both the mature and regenerating brain
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2003
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 39, Issue 6, pages 723–727, December 1997
How to Cite
Umesono, Y., Watanabe, K. and Agata, K. (1997), A planarian orthopedia homolog is specifically expressed in the branch region of both the mature and regenerating brain. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 39: 723–727. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-169X.1997.t01-5-00008.x
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2003
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2003
- Received 1 July 1997; accepted 16 July 1997.
- 1995. Forebrain and midbrain regions are deleted in Otx2-/- mutants due to a defective anterior neuroectoderm specification during gastrulation. Development 121, 3279–3290. , , , et al.
- 1996. A targeted mouse Otx2 mutation leads to severe defects in gastrulation and formation of axial mesoderm and to deletion of rostral brain. Development 122, 243–252. , , , , , &
- 1981. Quantitative analysis of cell types during growth, degrowth and regeneration in the planarians Dugesia mediterranea and Dugesia tigrina. Hydrobiologia 84, 181–194. , &
- 1990. Growth, degrowth and regenerations as developmental phenomena in adult freshwater planarians. In Experimental Embryology in Aquatic Plants and Animals (Ed. H. J.Marthy), pp. 129–162. Plenum Press, New York . , , , et al.
- 1994. From fly head to mammalian forebrain: The story of otd and Otx. Trends Genet. 10, 310–315. , &
- 1990. The orthodenticle gene encodes a novel homeodomain protein involved in development of the Drosophila nervous system and ocellar visual structures. Genes Dev. 4, 1516–1527. , , , , &
- 1995. An orthodenticle-related protein from Strongylocentrotus purpuratus. Dev. Biol. 167, 517–528. , , , , , &
- 1995. Developmental defects in brain segmentation caused by mutations of the homeobox genes orthodenticle and empty spiracles in Drosophila. Neuron 15, 769–778. , , , , , &
- 1995. Mouse Otx2 functions in the formation and patterning of rostral head. Genes Dev. 9, 2646–2658. , , , , &
- 1996. Dentate gyrus formation requires Emx2. Development 122, 3893–3898. , , , , &
- 1974. Cephalic mechanisms for social control of fissioning in planarians. II. Localization and identification of the receptors by electronmicrographic and ablation studies. J. Neurobiol. 5, 443–462.
- 1992. Nested expression domains of four homeobox genes in developing rostral brain. Nature 358, 687–690. , , , , &
- 1994. Orthopedia, a novel homeobox-containing gene expressed in the developing CNS of both mouse and Drosophila. Neuron 13, 83–101. , , , et al.
- 1996. Otx1 function overlaps with Otx2 in development of mouse forebrain and midbrain. Genes Cells 1, 1031–1044. , , , &
- 1995. The genetics of brain development: Conserved programs in flies and mice. Neuron 15, 975–977.
- 1997. Emx1 and Emx2 functions in development of dorsal telencephalon. Development 124, 101–111. , , , et al.