Expressions of PDGF receptor alpha, c-Kit and Flk1 genes clustering in mouse chromosome 5 define distinct subsets of nascent mesodermal cells
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2003
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 39, Issue 6, pages 729–740, December 1997
How to Cite
Kataoka, H., Takakura, N., Nishikawa, S., Tsuchida, K., Kodama, H., Kunisada, T., Risau, W., Kita, T. and Nishikawa, S.-I. (1997), Expressions of PDGF receptor alpha, c-Kit and Flk1 genes clustering in mouse chromosome 5 define distinct subsets of nascent mesodermal cells. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 39: 729–740. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-169X.1997.t01-5-00009.x
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2003
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2003
- Received 30 May 1997; revised 7 July 1997; accepted 18 July 1997.
- 1992. Genomic organization of the human c-kit gene: Evolution of the receptor tyrosine kinase subclass Ill. Oncogene 7, 685–691. , , , , , &
- 1994. Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1/CD31): Alternatively spliced. functionally distinct isoforms expressed during mammalian cardiovascular development. Development 120, 2539–2553. , , , et al .
- 1990. Clonal analysis of cell lineages. In Postimplantation Mammalian Embryos: A Practical Approach. Practical Approach Series. (Eds A. J.Copp, & ), pp. 267–291, IRL Press, New York . , &
- 1996. Spatial and temporal patterns of c-kit-expressing cells in WlacZ/+ and WlacZ/WlacZ mouse embryos. Development 122. 3023–3033. , , , , , &
- 1990. The mouse W/c-kit locus. Ciba Found. Symp. 148, 158–172. , , , et al .
- 1996. Molecular cloning and expression of murine vascular endothelial-cadherin in early stage development of cardiovascular system. Blood 87, 630–641. , , , et al .
- 1995. Coordinated expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor1 (fit1) and its ligand suggests a paracrine regulation of murine vascular development. Dev. Dyn. 204, 228–239. , , &
- 1995. A 1.8-Mb YAC contig spanning three members of the receptor tyrosine kinase gene family (PDGFRα, Kit, and Flk1) on mouse chromosome 5. Genomics 20, 421–432. , , , &
- 1995. The angiogenic potentials of the cephalic mesoderm and the origin of brain and head blood vessels. Mech. Dev. 53, 97–112. , , , &
- 1993. Whole mount immunohistochemistry. In Guide to Techniques in Mouse Development. Methods in Enzymology (Eds P. L.Wassarman, & ), pp. 502–516, Academic Press, San Diego .
- 1993. Staging of gastrulating mouse embryos by morphological landmarks in the dissecting microscope. Development 118, 1255–1266. , &
- 1995. Vascularization of the mouse embryo: A study of flk-1, tek. tie, and vascular endothelial growth factor expression during development. Dev. Dyn. 203, 80–92. , , , , , &
- 1997. Ligand-dependent development of the endothelial and hematopoietic lineages from embryonic mesodermal cells expressing vascular endothelial cell growth factor 2. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 94, 5141–5146. , , , , , &
- 1995. Roles of the Fit-1 tyrosine kinase in regulating the assembly of vascular endothelium. Nature 376, 66–70. , , , &
- 1994. Summary of mouse development. In Manipulating the Mouse Embryo, 2nd edn. pp. 19–113, Cold Spring Laboratory Press, New York . , , , &
- 1995. Evidence for involvement of activin A and bone morphogenetic protein 4 in mammalian mesoderm and hematopoietic development. Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 141–151. , &
- 1995. Expression of the fms-like tyrosine kinase 4 gene becomes restricted to lymphatic endothelium during development. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 92, 3566–3570. , , , et al ,
- 1996. In vitro analysis of epiblast tissue potency for hematopoietic cell differentiation. Development 122, 823–830. , &
- 1995. In vitro differentiation of embryonic stem cells. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 7. 862–869.
- 1991. In vitro proliferation of primitive hematopoietic cells supported by stromal cells: Evidence for the presence of a mechanism(s) other than that involving c-kit receptor and its ligand. J. Exp. Med. 176, 351–361. , , , et al .
- 1991. Clonal analysis of epiblast fate during germ layer formation in the mouse embryo. Development 113, 891–911. , , &
- 1995. Target disruption of flk2/flt3 gene leads to deficiencies in primitive hematopoietic progenitors. Immunity 3. 147–161. , , , , , &
- 1985. The isolation and nucleotide sequence of a cDNA encoding the T cell surface protein T4: A novel member of the immunoglobulin gene family. Cell 42, 93–104. , , , , ,
- 1989. Isolation of a pluripotent cell line from early mouse embryos cultured in medium conditioned by terato-carcinoma stem cells. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 78, 7634–7638.
- 1993. Murine endothelial cell line, F-2: Interaction with leukocytes and cytokine production. Microbiol. Immunol. 37, 895–903. , , , et al .
- 1991. A receptor tyrosine kinase cDNA isolated from a population of enriched primitive hematopoietic cells and exhibiting close genetic linkage to c-kit. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 88, 9026–9030. , , , , , &
- 1993. High affinity VEGF binding and developmental expression suggest Flk-1 as a major regulator of vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Cell 72, 835–846. , , et al .
- 1990. pEF-BOS a powerful mammalian expression vector. Nucleic Acids Res. 18, 5322. , &
- 1992. A PDGF receptor mutation in the mouse (Patch) perturbs the development of a non-neuronal subset of neural crest-derived cells. Development 115, 133–142. , , , , &
- 1991. Contiguous patterns of c-Kit and steel expression: Analysis of mutations at the W and Sl locus. Development 113, 1207–1221. , , , , &
- 1994. Structural analysis of chromosomal rearrangements associated with developmental mutations Ph. 19H and Rw on mouse chromosome 5. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 91, 7237–7241. , , , &
- 1994. Generation of lymphohematopoietic cells from embryonic stem cells in culture. Science 265, 1098–1101. , , &
- 1991. In utero manipulation of coat color formation by a monoclonal antic-Kit antibody: Two distinct waves of c-Kit dependency during melanocyte development. EMBO J. 10, 2111–2118. , , , et al .
- 1991. Expression and function of c-kit in hemopoietic progenitor cells. J. Exp. Med. 174, 63–71. , , , et al .
- 1995. Hematopoiesis: How does it happen?Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 7, 870–877.
- 1992. Developmental expression of the alpha receptor for platelet-derived growth factor, which is deleted in the embryonic lethal Patch mutation. Development 115, 289–303. , , , , &
- 1996. Two distinct endothelial lineages in ontogeny, one of them related to hematopoiesis. Development 122, 1363–1371. , , , , , &
- 1993. Fetal liver kinase 1 is a receptor for vascular endothelial growth factor and is selectively expressed in vascular endothelium. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 90, 7533–7537. , , , , &
- 1987. Embryo-derived stem cell lines. In Teratocarcinomas and Embryonic Stem Cells. Practical Approach Series (Ed. E. J.Robertson), pp. 71–112. IRL Press, New York .
- 1986. Germline transmission of genes introduced into cultured pluripotential cells by retroviral vector. Nature 323, 445–448. , , , &
- 1992. Close physical linkage of the FLT1 and FLT3 genes on chromosome 13 in man and chromosome 5 in mouse. Oncogene 8, 173–179. , , , et al .
- 1995. Vascular endothelial cell lineage-specific promotor in transgenic mice. Development 121, 1089–1098. , , , , &
- 1997. A requirement for Flk1 in primitive and definitive hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis. Cell 89, 981–990. , , , et al .
- 1995. Failure of blood-island formation and vasculogenesis in Flk-1-deficient mice. Nature 376, 62–66. , , , et al .
- 1992. Regulation and role of PDGF receptor α subunit expression during embryogenesis. Development 115, 123–131. , , , , &
- 1995. Abnormal kidney development and hematological disorders in PDGF beta-receptor mutant mice. Genes Dev. 8, 1888–1896.
- 1996. Involvement of platelet derived growth factor receptor α in hair canal formation. J. Invest. Dermatol. 107, 770–777. , , , &
- 1993. Histogenic potency of embryonic tissues in ectopic sites. In Guide to Techniques in Mouse Development. Methods in Enzymology (Ed. P. L.Wassarman, & ), pp. 190–204. Academic Press, San Diego .
- 1992. Postimplantation development in the mouse. Ciba Found. Symp. 165, 27–49. , &
- 1993. flk-1, an fit-related receptor tyrosine kinase is an early marker for endothelial cell precursors. Development 118, 489–498. , , , , &