Visualization of the initiation and sequential expansion of the metamorphic conversion of anuran larval skin into the precursor of adult type
Article first published online: 31 OCT 2003
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 105–112, February 1998
How to Cite
Tamakoshi, T., Oofusa, K. and Yoshizato, K. (1998), Visualization of the initiation and sequential expansion of the metamorphic conversion of anuran larval skin into the precursor of adult type. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 40: 105–112. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-169X.1998.t01-3-00012.x
- Issue published online: 31 OCT 2003
- Article first published online: 31 OCT 2003
- Received 17 September 1997; revised 7 October 1997; accepted 7 October 1997.
- 1963. Two improved and simplified methods for the spectrophotometric determination of hydroxyproline. Anal. Biochem. 35, 1961–1965. &
- 1952. The biphasic nature of renal calcification. J. Exp. Med. 95, 341–346. &
- 1977. Distribution of Ca and P in frog skin: An analytical study of element with electron probe X-ray microanalyzer. J. Saitama Med. School, 4, 13–21. , &
- 1915. Uber die Malloryche Bindegewebsfarbung mit karmin und azokarmin als vorfarben. Zschr. Wiss. Mikrosk., 32, 361–372 (in German).
- 1993. Differential distribution of epidermal basal cells in the anuran larval skin correlates with the skin's region-specific fate at metamorphosis. J. Exp. Zool. 267, 605–615. , &
- 1994. A three-step mechanism of action of thyroid hormone and mesenchyme in metamorphic changes of anuran larval skin. Dev. Biol. 166, 477–488. , , &
- 1959. Metamorphic changes of dermis in skin of frog larvae to thyroxine. Dev. Biol. 1, 459–476.
- 1994. Adult precursor cells in the tail epidermis of Xenopus tadpoles. Histochemistry 101, 397–404. &
- 1989. Cell death in the anuran tadpole tail: Thyroid hormone induces keratinization and tail-specific growth inhibition of epidermal cells. Dev. Biol. 131, 337–344. &
- 1991. Biochemical and immunological characterization of collagenase in tissues of metamorphosing bullfrog tadpoles. Develop. Growth Differ. 33, 329–339. &
- 1987. Morphology of ventral epidermis of Rana catesbeiana during metamorphosis. Anat. Rec. 217, 305–317. &
- 1946. Stages in the normal development of Rana pipiens larvae. Anat. Rec. 94, 7–23. &
- 1966. Chemical and morphological studies on inorganic phosphate deposits in Rana catesbeiana skin. J. Exp. Zool. 161, 271–286. , &
- 1965. Morphologic studies of connective tissue resorption in the tail fin of metamorphosing bullfrog tadpole. Dev. Biol. 11, 352–370. &
- 1954. Electron-microscopic study of the texture of the basement membrane of larval amphibian skin. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 40, 528–540. &
- 1984. Biochemistry and cell biology of amphibian metamorphosis with a special emphasis on the mechanism of removal of larval organs. Int. Rev. Cytol. 119, 97–149.
- 1992. Death and transformation of larval cells during metamorphosis of anura. Develop. Growth Differ. 34, 607–612.
- 1996. Cell death and hydrolysis in amphibian tail during metamorphosis. In Metamorphosis (Ed. L. I.Gilbert, J. R.Tata & B. G.Atkinson), pp. 647–671. Academic Press, San Diego .