Ontogenic emergence and localization of larval skin antigen molecule recognized by adult T cells of Xenopus laevis: Regulation by thyroid hormone during metamorphosis
Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2003
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 77–84, February 2003
How to Cite
Watanabe, M., Ohshima, M., Morohashi, M., Maéno, M. and Izutsu, Y. (2003), Ontogenic emergence and localization of larval skin antigen molecule recognized by adult T cells of Xenopus laevis: Regulation by thyroid hormone during metamorphosis. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 45: 77–84. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-169X.2003.00676.x
- Issue online: 12 MAR 2003
- Version of Record online: 12 MAR 2003
- Received 17 October 2002; revised 7 November 2002; accepted 14 November 2002.
- 1983. The thymus dependency of transplantation allotolerance in the metamorphosing frog Xenopus laevis. Transplantation 35, 612–619. , &
- 1973. Induction of skin allograft tolerance during metamorphosis of the toad Xenopus laevis: a possible model for studying generation of self tolerance to histocompatibility antigens. Eur. J. Immunol. 3, 569–573. &
- 1979. Ontogeny of immunity in amphibians: changes in antibody repertoires and appearance of adult major histocompatibility antigens in Xenopus. Eur. J. Immunol. 9, 900–906. , &
- 1990. Thymus: a direct target tissue in graft-versus-host reaction after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation that results in abrogation of induction of self-tolerance. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 87, 6301–6305. , , et al.
- 1984. Studies on Xenopus immunoglobulins using monoclonal antibodies. Mol. Immunol. 21, 257–270. &
- 2001. Timing of metamorphosis and the onset of the negative feedback loop between the thyroid gland and the pituitary is controlled by type II iodothyronine deiodinase in Xenopus laevis. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 98, 7348–7353. , , &
- 1993. Different distribution of epidermal basal cells in the anuran larval skin correlates with the skin's region-specific fate at metamorphosis. J. Exp. Zool. 267, 605–615. , &
- 2000a. Larval antigen molecules recognized by adult Immune cells of Inbred Xenopus laevis: two pathways for recognition by adult splenic T cells. Dev. Biol. 221, 365–374. , , &
- 2002. Larval antigen molecules recognized by adult immune cells of inbred Xenopus laevis: Partial characterization and implication in metamorphosis. Dev. Growth. Differ. 44, 477–488. , , , &
- 2000b. Loss of reactivity to pan-cadherin antibody in epidermal cells as a marker for metamorphic alteration of Xenopus skin. Dev. Growth. Differ. 42, 377–383. , &
- 1993. Metamorphosis-dependent recognition of larval skin as non-self by inbred adult frogs (Xenopus laevis). J. Exp. Zool. 266, 163–167. &
- 1996. Adult-type splenocytes of Xenopus induce apoptosis of histocompatible larval tail cells in vitro. Differentiation 60, 277–286. , &
- 1997. In vitro studies of spontaneous and corticosteroid-induced apoptosis of lymphocyte populations from metamorphosing frogs/RU486 inhibition. Brain Behav. Immunity 11, 119–131. , , &
- 1977. Strains and species of Xenopus for immunological research. In Developmental Immunology (eds J. D.Horton & J. B.Solomon), pp. 299–306. North-Holland Biomedical Press, Amsterdam. &
- 2002. Absence of donor MHC antigen expression ameliorates chronic kidney allograft rejection. Kidney. Int. 62, 290–300. , , , &
- 1985. Rapid production of a histocompatible colony of Xenopus laevis by gynogenetic procedure. Zool. Sci. 2, 71–79. , &
- 1956. Normal table of Xenopus laevis (Daudin). North-Holland, Amsterdam. &
- 1983. Response to skin grafts exchanged among siblings of larval and adult gynogenetic diploids in Xenopus laevis. Transplantation 36, 91–95. , &
- 1987. Morphology of ventral epidermis of Rana catesbeiana during metamorphosis. Anat. Rec. 217, 305–317. &
- 1998. Metamorphosis and the amphibian immune system. Immu. Rev. 166, 221–230.
- 1993. Thyroid hormone-induced gene expression program for amphibian tail resorption. J. Biol. Chem. 268, 16 270–16 278. &
- 2001. New epidermal keratin genes from Xenopus laevis: hormonal and regional regulation of their expression during anuran skin metamorphosis. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1517, 339–350. , , , &
- 1992. Purification and characterization of maturation-promoting factor in fish. Dev. Biol. 149, 8–15. , , et al.