Region-specific gastrointestinal Hox code during murine embryonal gut development
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2002
Development, Growth & Differentiation
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 77–84, February 2002
How to Cite
Kawazoe, Y., Sekimoto, T., Araki, M., Takagi, K., Araki, K. and Yamamura, K.-i. (2002), Region-specific gastrointestinal Hox code during murine embryonal gut development. Development, Growth & Differentiation, 44: 77–84. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-169x.2002.00623.x
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2002
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2002
- 2000. Homeobox genes and gut development. Bioessays 22, 431–441. , ,
- 1988. Primary structure and developmental expression pattern of Hox3.1, a member of the murine Hox-3 homeobox gene cluster. EMBO J. 7, 1329–1336. , ,
- 1986. Genetic and cytogenic localisation of the homeo box containing genes on mouse chromosome 6 and human chromosome 7. EMBO J. 5, 2899–2905. , , et al.
- 1995. Hox genes and the evolution of vertebrate axial morphology. Development 121, 333–346. , , ,
- 1998. Transducing positional information to the Hox genes: critical interaction of Cdx gene products with position-sensitive regulatory elements. Development 125, 4349–4358. , , , , ,
- 1989. The structural and functional organisation of the murine Hox gene family resembles that of the Drosophila homeotic genes. EMBO J. 8, 1497–1505. &
- 1988. Hox-5.1 defines a homeobox-containing gene locus on mouse chromosome 2. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 85, 4760–4764. , , , ,
- 1989. Mouse homeo-genes within a subfamily, Hox 1.4-2.6 and-5.1, display similar anteroposterior domains of expression in the embryo, but show stage- and tissue-dependent differences in their regulation. Development 107, 131–141. , ,
- 1988. Spatially restricted domains of homeo-gene transcripts in mouse embryos: relation to a segmented body plan. Development104 (Suppl.), 169–179. , ,
- 1988. Characterisation of a murine homeobox gene, Hox2.6, related to the Drosophila Deformed gene. Genes Dev. 2, 1424–1438. , , , , ,
- 1985. Homeo box gene complex on mouse chromosome 11: molecular cloning, expression in embryogenesis, and homology to a human homeo box locus. Cell 43, 9–18. , , , ,
- 1996. Hlx homeobox gene is essential for an inductive tissue interaction that drives expansion of embryonic liver and gut. Genes Dev. 10, 70–79. , , et al.
- 1998. Regulation of Hox gene expression and posterior development by the Xenopus caudal homologue Xcad3. EMBO J. 17, 3413–3427. , ,
- 1999. Inactivation of the winged helix transcription factor HNF3 alpha affects glucose homeostasis and islet glucagon gene expression in vivo. Genes Dev. 13, 495–504. , , , ,
- 1991. Homeotic transformations of murine vertebrae and concomitant alteration of Hox codes induced by retanoic acid. Cell 67, 89–104. &
- 1994. Hox genes in vertebrate development. Cell 78, 191–201.
- 1992. Expression of Hox 2.1 protein in restricted populations of neural crest cells and pharyngeal ectoderm. Dev. Dyn. 195, 15–28. &
- 1997. Key role of the Cdx-2 homeobox gene in extracellular matrix-mediated intestinal cell differentiation. J. Cell Biol. 139, 1553–1565. , , , , ,
- 1992. Homeobox genes and axial patterning. Cell 68, 283–302. &
- 1999. Developmental genetics of the Drosophila gut: specification of primordia, subdivision and overt-differentiation. Cell. Mol. Biol. 45, 661–676. , ,
- 1990. A Drosophila growth factor homolog, decapentaplegic, regulates homeotic gene expression within and across germ layers during midgut morphogenesis. Development 100, 1041–1050. , , ,
- 1999. Coordinated expression of 3′ Hox genes during murine embryonal gut development: An enteric Hox code. Gastroenterology 117, 1339–1351. , , ,
- 1996. eFGF, Xcad3 and Hox genes form a molecular pathway that establishes the anteroposterior axis in Xenopus. Development 122, 3881–3892. , , ,
- 1995. Sonic hedgehog is an endodermal signal inducing Bmp-4 and Hox genes during induction and regionalization of the chick hindgut. Development 121, 3163–3174. , , , , ,
- 1901. HoxA and HoxB cluster genes subdivide the digestive tract into morphological domains during chick development. Mech. Dev. 101, 233–236. , ,
- 1998. Region- specific expression of murine Hox genes implies the Hox code-mediated patterning of the digestive tract. Genes Cells 3, 51–64.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2443.1998.00167.x , , et al.
- 1994. Ectopic decapentaplegic in the Drosophila midgut alters the expression of five homeotic genes, dpp, and wingless, causing specific morphological defects. Dev. Biol. 154, 502–512. &
- 1992. Expression and modification of Hox 2.1 protein in mouse embryos. Mech. Dev. 37, 111–120. , , ,
- 1992. In Situ Hybridization: A Practical Approach, pp. 75–83. Oxford: IRL Press at Oxford University Press.
- 1995. Coordinated expression of Abd-B subfamily genes of the HoxA cluster in the developing digestive tract of chick embryo. Dev. Biol. 169, 76–89.DOI: 10.1006/dbio.1995.1128 , ,
- 1999. Hox genes and the making of sphincters. Nature 401, 761–762. &