Psychiatric symptoms related to interferon therapy for chronic hepatitis C: Clinical features and prognosis
Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 54, Issue 5, pages 565–572, October 2000
How to Cite
Hosoda, S., Takimura, H., Shibayama, M., Kanamura, H., Ikeda, K. and Kumada, H. (2000), Psychiatric symptoms related to interferon therapy for chronic hepatitis C: Clinical features and prognosis. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 54: 565–572. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-1819.2000.00754.x
- Issue online: 25 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 25 DEC 2001
- 4Psychiatric side effects of interferon alpha-2b in patients treated for hepatitis C. Clin. Res. 1992; 40: 840A., , , ,
- 6Treatment of depressive state induced by interferon in patients with chronic hepatitis type C. Clin. Gastroenterol. 1995; 10: 1717 1722 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 7Antidepressant drug treatment of depressive state induced by interferon in patients with active chronic hepatitis; clinical evaluation of efficacy of trazodone hydrochloride. Clin. Psychiatry 1997; 39: 291 299 (in Japanese)., , et al.
- 9A case of chronic hepatitis type C with irreversible Parkinsonism induced probably by interferon treatment. Clin. Psychiatry 1996; 38: 1227 1229 (in Japanese)., , , ,
- 10A case of prolonged dementia induced by interferon therapy. Clin. Psychiatry 1998; 40: 401 406 (in Japanese)., , , ,
- 11Two cases of chronic hepatitis C with persistent affective disorders induced interferon treatment. Clin. Psychiatry 1998; 40: 649 651 (in Japanese)., , , ,
- 12Panic attacks, and prolonged anxiety and depressive state associated interferon administration. Clin. Psychiatry 1998; 40: 767 768 (in Japanese)., ,
- 13The prominent effect of bromocriptine on a persistent depression induced interferon α. Jpn. J. Psychiatr. Treatment 1999; 14: 1105 1109 (in Japanese)., , ,
- 14American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edn. American Psychiatric Association, Washington DC, 1994.
- 15A network algorithm for performing Fisher's exact test in rxc contingency tables. JASA 1983; 78: 427 434.&
- 16Depression during interferon therapy in chronic hepatitis C patients: A prospective study. Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 1997; 99: 101 127 (in Japanese)., , , , ,
- 19The Side Effects of Interferon in the Study of Specific Disease. The Health and Welfare Ministry of Japan, Tokyo, 1993 (in Japanese).
- 22Depression during interferon therapy among c-type chronic hepatitis patients: A prospective study. Clin. Psychiatry 1994; 36: 768 770 (in Japanese)., , , , ,
- 25Interactions between the nervous system and the immune system: Implications for psychopharmacology. In: Bloom FE, Kupfer DJ (eds). Psychopharmacology. Raven Press, New York, 1994; 719 731.
- 28Central Neural circuit involved in neural–immune interactions. In: Ader R, Cohen N (eds). Psychoneuroimmunology, 2nd edn. Academic Press, San Diego, 1991; 3 25., , , , ,