Precedents of perceived social support: Personality, early life experiences and gender
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2002
Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 169–176, April 2002
How to Cite
Kitamura, T., Watanabe, K., Takara, N., Hiyama, K., Yasumiya, R. and Fujihara, S. (2002), Precedents of perceived social support: Personality, early life experiences and gender. Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 56: 169–176. doi: 10.1046/j.1440-1819.2002.00951.x
- Issue online: 28 FEB 2002
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2002
- 1Measures and concepts of social support. In: CohenS, SymeSL(eds). Social Support and Health. Academic Press. Orlando, 1985; 83–108.,
- 5Psychology and early experience: A reappraisal of retrospective reports. Psychol. Bull. 1985; 113: 82–98.,
- 6Neurosis and the Social Environment. Academic Press, Sydney, 1981., ,
- 11Attachment. In: Attachment and Loss, Vol. 1. Basic Books. New York, 1969.
- 12Separation, anxiety and anger. In: Attachment and Loss, Vol. 2. Basic Books, New York, 1973.
- 13Loss, sadness and depression. In: Attachment and Loss, Vol. 3. Basic Books. New York, 1980.
- 15Attachment, social competency, and the capacity to use social support. In: PierceGR, SarasonBR, SarasonIG(eds). Handbook of Social Support and the Family. Plenum Press. New York, 1996: 141–172., ,
- 16Attachment and perceived social support in late adolescence: The interaction between working models of self and others. J. Adolesc. Res. 1993; 8: 226–241., ,
- 19Social support. The sense of acceptance and the role of relationships. In: SarasonBR, SarasonIG, PierceGR(eds). Social Support: An Interactional View. Willey-Interscience, New York, 1990; 97–128., ,
- 24SPSS INC. SPSS-X User’s Guide, 2nd edn. SPSS Inc., Chicago, 1986.
- 27Manual of the Eysenck Personality Questionnaire. Hodder and Stoughton, London, 1975.,
- 32Child abuse, other early experiences and depression: I. Epidemiology of parental loss, child abuse, perceived rearing experience and early life events among a Japanese community population. Arch. Women’s Ment. Health 2000; 3: 47–52., , , , ,
- 35Manual of the Time-Ordered Stress and Health Interview. Department of Sociocultural Environmental Research, National Institute of Mental Health, Ichikawa, 1992 (in Japanese).
- 36World Health Organization. Composite International Diagnostic Interview (CIDI), Version 1.0. World Health Organization, Geneva, 1990.