Urinary incontinence among community-dwelling people aged 40 years or older in Japan: Prevalence, risk factors, knowledge and self-perception
Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2010
International Journal of Urology
Volume 7, Issue 3, pages 95–103, March 2000
How to Cite
UEDA, T., TAMAKI, M., KAGEYAMA, S., YOSHIMURA, N. and YOSHIDA, O. (2000), Urinary incontinence among community-dwelling people aged 40 years or older in Japan: Prevalence, risk factors, knowledge and self-perception. International Journal of Urology, 7: 95–103. doi: 10.1046/j.1442-2042.2000.00147.x
- Issue online: 9 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2010
- 1Prevalence of urinary incontinence and other urological symptoms in the non-institutionalized elderly. J. Urol. 1986; 136: 1022–5., , ,
- 2Consensus Conference. Urinary incontinence in adults. JAMA 1989; 216: 2685–90.
- 3Urinary incontinence in adults. NIH Consensus Development Conference. J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 1990; 38: 265–72.
- 4A population study of urinary incontinence and nocturia among women aged 20–59 years. Prevalence, well-being and wish for treatment. Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 1997; 76: 74–80., ,
- 5Diabetic cystopathy: Relationship to autonomic neuropathy detected by sympathetic skin response. J. Urol. 1997; 157: 580–4., ,
- 6Urinary incontinence in the elderly: The brain factor. Scand. J. Urol. Nephrol. 1994; 157 (Suppl.): 83–8., , ,
- 7Urinary incontinence associated with dementia. J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 1995; 43: 286–94.,
- 8Medical correlates of urinary incontinence in the elderly. Urology 1990; 36: 129–38., , ,
- 9Prevalence and social impact of urinary incontinence in women. Clin. Obst. Gynecol. 1990; 33: 295–7.
- 10Urinary incontinence in the community analysis of a MORI Poll. Br. Med. J. 1993; 306: 832–4.
- 11Prevalence, incidence and correlates of urinary incontinence in healthy, middle-aged women. J. Urol. 1991; 146: 1255–9., ,
- 12Female urinary incontinence-consultation behaviour and patient experience: An epidemiological survey in a Norwegian community. Family Prac. 1995; 12: 18–21., , ,
- 13The prevalence of female urinary incontinence and reasons for not seeking treatment. NZ Med. J. 1988; 101: 756–8.,
- 14Urinary incontinence in Belgium: A population-based epidemiological survey. Eur. Urol. 1997; 32: 315–20., ,
- 15Accuracy of survey quetions for geriatric urinary incontinence. J. Urol. 1998; 159: 1903–11., , , ,