is infinite when ω = 0. However, for nonpathological examples, S(ω) = 0 when ω = 0, and so the potential pole is suppressed.
Local dispersal can facilitate coexistence in the presence of permanent spatial heterogeneity
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2003
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 301–309, April 2003
How to Cite
Snyder, R. E. and Chesson, P. (2003), Local dispersal can facilitate coexistence in the presence of permanent spatial heterogeneity. Ecology Letters, 6: 301–309. doi: 10.1046/j.1461-0248.2003.00434.x
The formalism presented in Chesson (2000a) assumes that E varies over a finite interval of length σ.
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2003
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2003
- Manuscript received 15 October 2002 First decision made 22 November 2002 Manuscript accepted 16 December 2002
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!