Prostatic fluid-free insulin-like growth factor-1 in relation to prostate cancer
Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
Volume 88, Issue 9, pages 946–949, December 2001
How to Cite
Perk, H., Serel, T.A., Delibas, N. and Sütçü, R. (2001), Prostatic fluid-free insulin-like growth factor-1 in relation to prostate cancer. BJU International, 88: 946–949. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-4096.2001.02438.x
- Issue online: 5 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 5 JAN 2002
- Accepted for publication 26 June 2001
- 2The role of the IGF-1 receptor in apoptosis. Vitamins Hormone 1997; 53: 65–98, , , .
- 8Elevated levels of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 in the serum of prostate cancer patients. J Clin Endoc Metab 1993; 76: 1031–5, , , , , .
- 9Serum insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2) is increased and IGFBP is decreased in patients with prostate cancer correlation with serum prostate specific antigen. J Clin Endoc Metab 1993; 77: 229–33, , et al.
- 10Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 in patients with prostate carcinoma and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Clin Endoc 1997; 46: 333–42& .
- 12Biochemical profiles of prostatic fluid from normal and diseased prostate glands. Prostate 1980; 1: 227–37, , , , .
- 16Insulin-like growth factors, IGF receptors and IGF binding proteins in primary culture of prostate epithelial cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 1991; 73: 401–7, , , .
- 17Serum insulin-like growth factor-1 is not a usful marker of prostate cancer. Br J Urol 1999; 83: 996–9, , , , , .
- 18Serum insulin-like growth factor-1 in 1030 healthy children, adolescents, and adults: relation to age, sex, stage of puberty, testicular size, and body mass index. J Clin Endoc Metab 1994; 78: 744–52, , et al.
- 19The ratio between serum levels of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and the IGF binding proteins (IGFBP-1,2 and 3) decreases with age in healthy adults and is increased in acromegalic patients. Clin Endoc 1994; 41: 85–93, , , , , .
- 21Somatomedin-C levels in growth-impaired children and adolescents with chronic inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterol 1986; 91: 830–6& .
H. Perk, MD, Assistant Professor of Urology.
T.A. Serel, MD, Associate Professor of Urology.
N. Delibas, MD, Associate Professor of Biochemistry.
R. Sütçü, MD, Research Assistant in Biochemistry.