Delay and survival in bladder cancer
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2002
Volume 89, Issue 9, pages 868–878, June 2002
How to Cite
Wallace, D.M.A., Bryan, R.T., Dunn, J.A., Begum, G., Bathers, S. and on behalf of the West Midlands Urological Research Group (2002), Delay and survival in bladder cancer. BJU International, 89: 868–878. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-410X.2002.02776.x
- Issue online: 12 MAY 2002
- Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2002
- Accepted for publication 8 February 2002
- 2Delays in the diagnosis of oesophagogastric cancer: a consecutive case series. Br Med J 1997; 314: 467–71, , , .
- 3Delay in the diagnosis and outcome of colorectal cancer: a prospective study. Eur J Surg Oncol 1999; 25: 173–8DOI: 10.1053/ejso.1998.0622, , , , , .
- 7Anonymous. Registrations of cancer diagnosed in 1993–96, England and Wales. Office for National Statistics. Health Statistics Quarterly, Winter, 1999
- 11Waiting times for cancer patients in England after general practitioner's referrals: retrospective national survey. Br Med J 2000; 320: 838–9, , .
- 12Treatment delay in patients with bladder tumours. J Epidemiol Comm Health 1985; 39: 63–6, , .
- 13Sex, age, history, tumour type and survival. In WallaceDM ed. Tumours of the Bladder. Edinburgh, London: E&S Livingstone Ltd 1959.
- 14Delay in treating bladder tumours. Lancet 1965; ii: 332–4, .
- 16Delays in diagnosing and treating bladder cancer. Br Med J 1988; 296: 1228–9.
- 17Survival with bladder cancer, evaluation of delay in treatment, type of surgeon, and modality of treatment. Br Med J 1991; 303: 437–40, , .
- 21UICC TNM Classification of Malignant Tumours. 4th edn. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, London, Paris, Tokyo: Springer-Verlag, 1987, , eds.
- 23Regression models and life tables. J Roy Stat Soc [B] 1972; 34: 187–220.
D.M.A. Wallace, FRCS, Consultant Urological Surgeon.
R.T. Bryan, MRCS, MRC Research Fellow.
J.A. Dunn, MSc, Senior Statistician.
G. Begum, BSc, Statistician.
S. Bathers, MMedSci, Senior Trial Co-ordinator.