Changing treatments for primary urolithiasis: impact on services and renal preservation in 16 679 patients in Western Australia
Article first published online: 25 JUN 2002
Volume 90, Issue 1, pages 7–15, July 2002
How to Cite
Holman, C.D.J., Wisniewski, Z.S., Semmens, J.B. and Bass, A.J. (2002), Changing treatments for primary urolithiasis: impact on services and renal preservation in 16 679 patients in Western Australia. BJU International, 90: 7–15. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-410X.2002.02804.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUN 2002
- Article first published online: 25 JUN 2002
- Accepted for publication 8 March 2002
- 1Centre for Health Services Research Technical Report Series. Standard Tables. Linked Hospital Morbidity Data on Principal Condition and Principal Procedure. Western Australia 1991–95. Perth: Centre for Health Services Research. The University of Western Australia, 2000
- 5The management of ureteric stones. Part II. therapy. BJU Int 1999; 84: 916 – 21DOI: 10.1046/j.1464-410x.1999.00393.x.
- 6The management of complex renal stones. BJU Int 2000; 86: 919 – 28DOI: 10.1046/j.1464-410x.2000.00906.x, , .
- 11Cost effectiveness of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy and percutaneous nephrolithotomy for medium-sized kidney stones. Scan J Urol Nephrol 1992; 26: 257 – 63, , , , .
- 17How has extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy changed the treatment of urinary stones in Quebec? Can Med Assoc J 1995; 153: 1729 – 36, .
- 18The Quality of Surgical Care Project: a model to evaluate surgical outcomes in Western Australia using population-based record linkage. Aust NZ J Surg 1998; 68: 397 – 403, , , , .
- 19Population-based linkage of health records in Western Australia: development of a health services research linked database. Aust NZ J Public Health 1999; 23: 453 – 9, , , .
- 20National Coding Centre. Australian Version of The International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM). Sydney: National Coding Centre, 1995
- 21World Health Organization. International Classification of Procedures in Medicine. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1978
- 22Modern Epidemiology. Boston: Little, Brown, 1986.
- 23SPSS for Windows. Base System User's Guide Release 5.0. Chicago: SPSS Inc., 1992.
- 24Necromancing the stones. Can Med Assoc J 1995; 153: 1739 – 41.
- 28Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). Australian Hospital Statistics. 1995–96. AIHW cat, no. HSE3. Health Service Series no. 10. Canberra: AIHW, 1997
C.D.J. Holman, PhD, Professor.
Z.S. Wisniewski, FRACS, Consultant Urologist.
J.B. Semmens, PhD, Research Fellow.
A.J. Bass, PhD, Senior Research Fellow.