The quality of life in men after radical cystectomy with a continent cutaneous diversion or orthotopic bladder substitution: is there a difference?
Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2002
Volume 90, Issue 4, pages 386–390, September 2002
How to Cite
Månsson, . Å., Davidsson, T., Hunt, S. and Månsson, W. (2002), The quality of life in men after radical cystectomy with a continent cutaneous diversion or orthotopic bladder substitution: is there a difference?. BJU International, 90: 386–390. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-410X.2002.02899.x
- Issue online: 14 AUG 2002
- Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2002
- 1When the bladder is gone: quality of life following different types of urinary diversion. World J Urol 1999; 17: 211 – 8DOI: 10.1007/s003450050135, .
- 2Can preoperative psychological defensive strategies, mood and type of lower urinary tract reconstruction predict psychosocial adjustment after cystectomy in patients with bladder cancer? Br J Urol 1998; 82: 348 – 56DOI: 10.1046/j.1464-410x.1998.00763.x, , , .
- 7The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1983; 61: 361 – 70, .
- 8Screening for adjustment disorders and major depressive disorders in cancer patients. Br J Psychiatr 1990; 156: 79 – 83, , , .
- 9Screening for anxiety and depression in cancer patients: the effects of disease and treatment. Eur J Cancer 1994; 30: 37 – 40, , et al.
- 10Why are missing quality of life data a problem in clinical trials of cancer therapy? Statist Med 1998; 17: 667 – 77DOI: 10.1002/(sici)1097-0258(19980315/15)17:5/7<667::aid-sim813>3.0.co;2-6, , .
- 11Quality of life survey comparing ileal conduit and continent urinary diversion after cystectomy. J Urol 1998; 159: 214, .
- 16Quality of life after cystectomy and orthotopic neobladder versus ileal conduit urinary diversion. World J Urol 2000; 18: 338 – 44DOI: 10.1007/s003450000147, , et al.
- 20Measuring Health Status. London: Croom-Helm, 1986, , .
- 21Quality of life with asthma: the existential and the aesthetic. Sociol Health Illness 2000; 22: 235 – 53.
- 23Quality of life: an unsuitable case for measurement? In Levy J, Jasmin C, Bez G eds, Cancer, AIDS and Quality of Life. London: Plenum Press, 1997: 155 – 8.
- 25Wellbeing after cystectomy with a bladder substitute. Eur Urol 2001; 39 (Suppl. 5): 146, , , .
Å. Månsson, RN, PhD, Lecturer.
T. Davidsson, MD, PhD, Consultant.
S. Hunt, PhD, Research Consultant and Honorary Fellow.
W. Månsson, MD, PhD, Consultant, Associate Professor.
quality of life
Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy – Bladder Cancer
Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale.