A randomized controlled trial of tolterodine and oxybutynin on tolerability and clinical efficacy for treating Chinese women with an overactive bladder
Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2002
Volume 90, Issue 4, pages 375–380, September 2002
How to Cite
Leung, H.Y., Yip, S.K., Cheon, C., Liu, Y.S., Lau, J., Wong, H.K. and Chung, K.H. (2002), A randomized controlled trial of tolterodine and oxybutynin on tolerability and clinical efficacy for treating Chinese women with an overactive bladder. BJU International, 90: 375–380. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-410X.2002.02905.x
- Issue online: 14 AUG 2002
- Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2002
- 1The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function recommended by the International Incontinence Society. Int Urogynecol J 1990; 1: 45 – 8, , , .
- 2Detrusor instability and hyperreflexia. In Cardozo L ed. Urogynaecology. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1997: 287 – 306.
- 3Factors influencing outcome in elderly patients with urinary incontinence and detrusor instability. Age Aging 1985; 14: 303 – 7, .
- 4Detrusor instability. In Stanton SL, Monga AK eds, Clinical Urogynaecology. 2nd edn. London: Churchill Livingstone, 2000: 219 – 26, .
- 10Tolterodine in the treatment of overactive bladder: analysis of the pooled phase II efficacy and safety data. Urology 1999; 53: 990 – 8DOI: 10.1016/s0090-4295(98)00629-3, , .
- 12Efficacy and safety of tolterodine in patients with detrusor instability: a dose-ranging study. Br J Urol 1998; 81: 42 – 8DOI: 10.1046/j.1464-410x.1998.00501.x, , , , , .
- 13Efficacy and safety of two doses of tolterodine versus placebo in patients with detrusor overactivity and symptoms of frequency, placebo in patients with detrusor overactivity and symptoms of frequency, urge incontinence, and urgency: urodynamic evaluation. The international Study Group. World J Urol 1997; 15: 144 – 51, , , .
- 16Tolterodine, a new muscarinic agent: as effective but better tolerated than oxybutynin in patients with an overactive bladder. Br J Urol 1998; 81: 801 – 10DOI: 10.1046/j.1464-410x.1998.00717.x, , , .
- 19Visual analogue scores and urinary incontinence. Br Med J 1987; 295: 582, , .
H.Y. Leung, MBChB, MRCOG, FRANZCOG, FHKAM(O&G), Medical Officer.
S.K. Yip, MBChB, MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G), Associate Professor.
C. Cheon, MBChB, MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G), Senior Medical Officer.
Y.S. Liu, MBBS, MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G), Medical Officer.
J. Lau, MSc, PhD, Director.
H.K. Wong, MBBS, MRCOG, FHKAM(O&G), Consultant.
K.H. Chung, MBBS, FRACOG, FHKAM(O&G), MD, Chairman.
visual analogue scale