Prevalence of undiagnosed diabetes mellitus in male erectile dysfunction
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2001
Volume 88, Issue 1, pages 68–71, July 2001
How to Cite
Sairam, K., Kulinskaya, E., Boustead, G.B., Hanbury, D.C. and Mcnicholas, T.A. (2001), Prevalence of undiagnosed diabetes mellitus in male erectile dysfunction. BJU International, 88: 68–71. doi: 10.1046/j.1464-410x.2001.02260.x
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2001
- Accepted for publication 5 April 2001
- 4Glycosuric tests should not be employed in population screenings for NIDDM. J Public Health Med 1999; 19: 55–60& .
- 5British Diabetic Association. Recommendations for the management of diabetes in primary care. Report No 2. 2nd edn. London: British Diabetic Association, 1997
- 7Guidance on the management of erectile dysfunction in primary care. Prescriber 1999; 10 (Suppl.): 1–16, , et al.
- 11The prevalence of diabetes mellitus in a typical English community. J Roy Coll Phys Lond 1985; 19: 248–50, , .
- 13Impotence and diabetes mellitus. JAMA 1958; 168: 498–500& .
K. Sairam, FRCS, DipUrol, Research Fellow in Urology.
E. Kulinskaya, PhD(Stats), MSc(Maths), Senior Statistician.
G.B. Boustead, FRCS(Urol), Consultant Urologist.
D.C. Hanbury, MS, FRCS(Urol), Consultant Urologist.
T.A. McNicholas, FRCS(Urol), FEBU, Consultant Urologist.
British Diabetic Association
fasting blood glucose
oral glucose tolerance test
impaired fasting glucose
impaired glucose tolerance.