Moving from recommendation to implementation and audit: Part 1. Current recommendations and programs: a critical commentary
Article first published online: 18 SEP 2002
Clinical Microbiology and Infection
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s2, pages 92–106, September 2002
How to Cite
Carbon, C., Cars, O. and Christiansen, K. (2002), Moving from recommendation to implementation and audit: Part 1. Current recommendations and programs: a critical commentary. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 8: 92–106. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-0691.8.s.2.8.x
- Issue published online: 18 SEP 2002
- Article first published online: 18 SEP 2002
- 3Interagency Task Force on Antimicrobial Resistance. Public Health Action Plan to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2001.
- 4National policies for preventing antimicrobial resistance—the situation in 17 European countries in late 2000. Euro Surveill 2001; 6: 5 – 14.
- 5Alliance for the Prudent Use of Antibiotics. Antibiotic Resistance: Synthesis of Recommendations by Expert Policy Groups. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001 [ http://www.who.International/emc-documents/antimicrobial_resistance/docs/antibiotics.pdf.
- 6World Health Organization. Global Strategy for the Containment of Antimicrobial Resistance. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2001 [ http://www.who.International.
- 9The European Commission. Communication from the Commission on a Community Strategy Against Antimicrobial Resistance, Comm 2001, 333, Vol. I. Brussels: Commission of the European Communities, 2001 [ http://www.europa.eu.int.
- 10Council of the European Union. EU-issued Recommendations on the Prudent Use of Antimicrobial Agents in Human Medicine. Proposal for a Council Recommendation, Comm 2001, 333, Vol. II. Brussels: Council of the European Union, 2001.
- 11Economic and Social Committee. Opinion on the Resistance to Antibiotics as a Threat to Public Health (9 September 1998). Official J Europ Communities 1998; 41(C407): 7 – 17.
- 12Consumer Committee. Opinion on Resistance to Antibiotics—a Threat to Public Health (1 March, 1999). [ http://www.europa.eu.International/comm/consumers/policy/committee/cc08_en.html.
- 13European Commission. Opinion of the Scientific Steering Committee Opinion on Antimicrobial Resistance (28 May, 1999). [ http://www.europa.eu.International/comm/food/fs/sc/ssc/out50_en.pdf.
- 14Council of the European Union. Council Resolution of 8 June 1999 on antibiotic resistance. A strategy against the microbial threat. Official J Europ Communities 1999; 41(C195): 1 – 3.
- 15Council of the European Union. Council resolution on further action in the framework of the strategy against antimicrobial resistance. Bulletin of the European Union 1999; 12-1999: 1.2.204.
- 17European Parliament Committee on the Environment Public Health and Consumer Policy. European Draft Report on the Proposal for a Council Recommendation on the Prudent Usage of Antimicrobial Agents in Human Medicine. Provisional 2001/2164 (COS).
- 18The Copenhagen Recommendations. Conclusions of Responding the European Union Conference on the Microbial Threat. Report from the Invitational EU Conference on the Microbial Threat. Copenhagen. Denmark 9–10 September, 1998. [ http://www.sum.dk/publika/micro98/.
- 19World Health Organization. Report on Infectious Diseases 2000: Overcoming Antimicrobial Resistance. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2000 [ http://www.who.International/infectious-disease-report/ 2000/index.html].
- 26Health Canada & Canadian Infectious Diseases Society. Controlling antimicrobial resistance. An integrated action plan for Canadians. Can Comm Dis Rep 1997; 23(Suppl. 7): 1 – 74.
- 28CDC. Plan for addressing emerging infectious diseases threat: antimicrobial resistance. Atlanta: CDC, 1998 [ http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/emergplan/antiresist/.
- 40Optimization of antibiotic use rapidly decreases penicillin resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae (PRSP) carriage: the AUBEPPIN Study. In: Abstracts of the 41st Interscience Congress on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 16–19 December, 2001, Chicago, Illinois: American Society for Microbiology, 2001; 264 (abstract 1527)., , , ,
- 45Economic justification of antimicrobial management programs: implications of antimicrobial resistance. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2000; 57(Suppl. 2): 10 – 12.
- 48Politiques d'antibiothérapie à l'échelon national dans divers pays. Rev Pneumol Clin 2000; 1S: 9 – 12.