The influence of nitrogen fertilization on the carbon economy of Paxillus involutus in ectomycorrhizal association with Betula pendula
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 135, Issue 1, pages 133–142, January 1997
How to Cite
EK, H. (1997), The influence of nitrogen fertilization on the carbon economy of Paxillus involutus in ectomycorrhizal association with Betula pendula. New Phytologist, 135: 133–142. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00621.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received 12 December 1995; accepted 27 August 1996
- 1993. The extraction and quantification of ergosterol from ectomycorrhizal fungi and roots. Mycorrhiza 3: 137–144. , .
- 1994. Metabolism of [14C]glutamate and [14C]glutamine by the ectomycorrhizal fungus Paxillus involutus. Microbiology 140: 1041–1649. , , , .
- 1992. Evaluation of methods to extract ergosterol tor quantitation of soil fungal biomass. Soil Biology mill Biochemistry 24: 189–198. , .
- 1994. Allocation of 14C-carbon in ectomycorrhizal willow. New Phytologist 128: 109–114. , , .
- 1994a. Growth and assimilation of NH4+ and NO3− by Paxillus involutus in association with Betula pendula and Picea abies as affected by substrate pH. New Phytologist 128: 629–637. , , , .
- 1994b. Extramatrical mycelial growth, biomass allocation and nitrogen uptake in ectomycorrhizal systems in response to collembolan grazing. Applied Soil Ecology 1: 155–169. , , , .
- 1992. Mycorrhizae and forest ecosystems. Mycorrhiza 1: 83–89. .
- 1992. Mycorrhiza and carbon flow to the soil. In: AllenMF, ed. Mycorrhizal Functioning. New York : Routledge, Chapman & Hall Inc., 000–000. , .
- 1991. Costs and benefits of mycorrhizas: implications for functioning under natural conditions. Experientia 47: 350–355. .
- 1983. Introduction to plant biochemistry, 2nd edition. Oxford : Pergamon Press Ltd. , .
- 1983. Mycorrhizal symbiosis. London : Academic Press. , .
- 1979. Mineral nutrient requirements of Pinus sylvestris and Picea abies seedlings. Physiologia Plantarum 45: 373–380. .
- 1991. Fluxes of carbon and phosphorus between symbionts in willow ectomyorrhizas and their changes with time. New Phytologist 119: 99–106. , , .
- 1986. Plants and nitrogen. London : Edward Arnold Ltd. .
- 1993. Nitrogen metabolism of ectomyorrhizal fungi and ectomycorrhiza. Advances in Plant Pathology 9: 83–102. , .
- 1987. Carbon and nitrogen metabolism in ectomyorrhizal fungi and ectomyorrhizas. Biochimie 69: 569–581. , , .
- 1988. Carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism in the ectomycorrhizal ascomycete Sphaerosporella brunnea during glucose utilization. Plant Physiology 86: 935–940. , , , .
- 1991. Toward a method for measuring instantaneous fungal growth rates in field samples. Ecology 72: 1547–1559. , .
- 1985. Mycorrhizal mycelium and nutrient cycling in plant communities. In: FitterAH, AtkinsonD, ReadDJ, UsherMB, eds. Ecological Interactions in Soil. Oxford : Blackwell Scientific Publications, 193–217. , , .
- 1983. Nitrogen nutrition, photosynthesis and carbon allocation in ectomycorrhizal pine. Plant and Soil 71: 415–432. , , .
- 1994. Mycorrhizae alter quality and quantity of carbon allocated below ground. Nature 369: 58–60. , .
- 1987. Nitrate and ammonium nutrition in plants. Plant Physiology and Biochemistrv 25: 805–812. , , , , .
- 1977. Ergosterol as an indicator of fungal invasion in grains. Cereal Chemistry 54: 1207–1217. , , , .
- 1988. Biochemistry, 3rd edition. San Francisco : W. H. Freeman and Company. .
- 1987. Respiratory activity of intact and excised ectomyorrhizal mycelial systems growing in unsterilized soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 19: 231–236. , .
- 1982. Mycorrhizal role in net primary production and nutrient cycling in Abies amabilis ecosystems in western Washington. Ecology 63: 370–380. , , , .