1Robert Hill Institute and Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield, P.Q. Box 601, Sheffield S10 2UQ, UK.
Purification and characterization of invertases from leaves of Lolium temulentum
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 135, Issue 2, pages 259–266, February 1997
How to Cite
WALKER, R. P., WINTERS, A. L. and POLLOCK, C. J. (1997), Purification and characterization of invertases from leaves of Lolium temulentum. New Phytologist, 135: 259–266. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00635.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- (Received 1 February 1996; accepted 27 September 1996)
- 1988 Hexose phosphate metabolism by non-photosynthetic tissues of higher plants. In: PreissJ. ed.. The Biochemistry of Plants, vol. 14. New York : Academic Press, 1–33.
- 1992 Cloning and sequence of cDNAs for an intracellular acid invertase from etiolated hypocotyls of mung bean and expression of the gene during growth of seedlings. Plant Cell Physiology 33: 245–252. , ,
- 1989 Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. III. A comparison of the. in vitro properties of fructosyl transferase activities with the characteristics of. in vivo fructan accumulation. New Phytologist 112: 343–352. , , .
- 1992 Biochemical and immunological properties of alkaline invertase from sprouting soybean hypocotyls. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 295: 61–69. , .
- 1991 The control of sucrose synthesis in leaves of Lolium temulentum L., a fructan-accumulating grass. New Phytologist 119: 483–489. , .
- 1990 Cytosolic and cell-wall-bound acid invertases from leaves of Urtica dioica L.: a comparison. Planta 180: 237–244. ,
- 1989 Fluxes and turnover of sucrose and fructans in healthy and diseased plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 134: 137–140. .
- 1986 Cell wall and cytoplasmic isozymes of radish β-fructosidase have different N-linked oligosaccharides. Plant Physiology 80: 27–33. , ,
- 1984 Fructan metabolism in Helianthus tuberosus: compartmentation in protoplasts and vacuoles isolated from tubers. Journal of Plant Physiology 116: 197–208. , ,
- 1981a The acid invertases of the developing third leaf of oat. I. Changes in activity of invertase and concentrations of ethanol-soluble carbohydrates. New Phytologist 88: 265–277. , .
- 1981b The acid invertases of the developing third leaf of oat. II. Changes in the activities of soluble isoenzymes. New Phytologist 88: 279–288. , .
- 1989 Biochemical mechanism for regulation of sucrose accumulation in leaves during photosynthesis. Plant Physiology 91: 656–662. .
- 1982 Rapid appearance of photosynthetic products in the vacuoles isolated from barley mesophyll protoplasts by a new fast method. Zeitschrift fur Pflanzenphysiologie 107: 103–113. , ,
- 1986 Polypeptide pattern and enzymic character of vacuoles isolated from barley mesophyll protoplasts. Planta 169: 345–355. , , , ,
- 1988 Characterisation of β-fructosidase, an extracellular glycoprotein of carrot cells. Biochimie 70: 1483–1492. , , , , .
- 1971 Invertase and sugar content during differentiation of roots of Pisum sativum. Phytochemistry 10: 2593–2599. ,
- 1987 Sugar transport across the plasmalemma and tonoplast of barley mesophyll protoplasts. Evidence for different transport systems. Journal of Plant Physiology 131: 467–478. , , ,
- 1978 Changes in the ethanol-soluble carbohydrate composition and acid invertase in infected first leaf tissues susceptible to crown rust of wheat and wheat stem rust. New Phytologist 80: 381–392. , , .
- 1993 Purification and characterisation of three soluble invertases from barley (Hordeum vulgare L) leaves. Plant Physiology 101: 1331–1339. , , ,
- 1987 Leaf development in Lolium temulentum L.; progressive changes in soluble polypeptide complement and isoenzymes. Journal of Experimental Botany 38: 1689–1696. , , .
- 1977 The distribution of acid invertase in developing leaves of Lolium temulentum L. Planta. 137: 197–200. , .
- 1970 Invertase activity during the development of carrot roots. Phytochemistry 9: 239–247. ,
- 1953 Physiological and Biochemical Studies in Plant Metabolism. VIII. The distribution of invertase in the first leaf of Khalpi wheat. Canadian Journal of Botany 31: 367–382.
- 1990 Soluble and wall associated forms of invertase in Vitis vinifera. Phytochemistry 29: 2083–2086. , , .
- 1991 Fructan exo-hydrolase activity of leaves of Lolium temulentum L. New Phytologist 119: 499–507. , , .
- 1990 Multiple forms of invertase from Daucus carota cell cultures. Phytochemistry 29: 2087–2089. , .
- 1990 cDNA cloning of carrot extracellular β-fructosidase and its expression in response to wounding and bacterial infection. The Plant Cell 2: 1107–1119. , .
- 1992 Sucrose and cell water relations. In: PollockCJ, FarrarJF, GordonAJ, eds.. Carbon Partitioning Within and Between Organisms. Oxford : Bios, 71–89. , , ,
- 1994 The role of the hexose transporter in the chloroplasts of Arabidopsis thaliana L. Planta 195: 168–174. ,
- 1994 cDNA cloning of carrot (Daucus carota) soluble acid β-fructosidases and comparison with the cell wall isoenzyme. Plant Physiology 104: 1351–1357. , , ,
- 1992 Purification and characterisation of a soluble β-fructosidase from Daucus carota. European Journal of Biochemistry 204: 915–921. , ,
- 1983 Fructan metabolism in cereals: induction in leaves and compartmentation in protoplasts and vacuoles. Zeitschrift für Pflanzenphysiologie 112: 359–372. , ,
- 1987 Enzymology of fructan synthesis in grasses: properties of sucrose-sucrose-fructosyltransferase in barley leaves (Hordeum vulgare L. cv. Gerbel). Plant Physiology 85: 706–710. ,
- 1986 Regulation of fructan metabolism in leaves of barley (Hordeum vulgare L. cv. Gerbel). Plant Physiology 81: 444–447. , ,
- 1993 The purification and characterisation of soluble acid invertase from coleoptiles of wheat (Triticum aestivum L. cv. Avalon). Journal of Experimental Botany 44: 1029–1037. , .
- 1994 Acid invertase in Nicotiana tabacum crown-gall cells: Molecular properties of the cell-wall isoform. Planta 193: 430–437. ,
- 1989 Cell specialisation within the parenchymatous bundle sheath of barley. Plant, Cell and Environment 12: 909–918. , , .