Growth of 27 herbs and grasses in relation to ozone exposure and plant strategy
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 135, Issue 2, pages 361–367, February 1997
How to Cite
PLEIJEL, H. and DANIELSSON, H. (1997), Growth of 27 herbs and grasses in relation to ozone exposure and plant strategy. New Phytologist, 135: 361–367. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00648.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- (Received 5 February 1996; accepted 12 September 1996)
- 1987 The impact of ozone on assimilate partitioning in plants: a review. Environmental Pollution 47: 95–113. & .
- 1979. Plant strategies & vegetation processes. Chichester : Wiley. .
- 1988. Comparative plant ecology: afunctional approach to common British species. London : Unwin Hyman. , ,
- 1988. Assessment of crop loss from air pollutants. Belfast : Elsevier Applied Science. , , .
- 1990. Basic growth analysis. London : Unwin Hyman.
- 1991 Response to CO2 enrichment in 27 herbaceous species. Functional Ecology 5: 410–421. , , , .
- JägerH-J, UnsworthM, DeTemmermanL, MathyP. (eds). Effects of air pollution on agricultural crops in Europe. Proceedings of the final Symposium of the European Open-Top chamber project, jointly organized by The Institute for Chemical Research, Tervuren, The Commission of the European Communities. 23–25 November 1992 Tervuren, Belgium. CEC Air Pollution Research Report 46.
- 1988 Growth responses and delayed winter hardening in Sitka spruce following summer exposure to ozone. New Phytologist 108: 495–504. , , , .
- 1992 Effects of ozone on growth of seven grass and one clover species. Acta Agricultural Scandinavica 42: 235–239.
- 1993 Effects of ozone on growth of several subalpine plant species. Norwegian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 7: 129–138.
- 1979 Introductory statistics for biology, 2nd edn. Studies in Biology 43. London : Arnold. .
- 1993. Ozone impact on Swedish cereals. Doctoral thesis, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Göteborg, Sweden .
- 1992 The response of native, herbaceous species to ozone: growth and fluorescence screening. New Phytologist 120: 29–37. , .
- 1991 A comparison of ozone injury to vegetation during moist and drought years. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 41: 63–64. .
- 1973 Ozone sensitivity of plants in natural communities. Biological Conservation 5: 209–214. ,
- 1990 Long-term exposure of Norway spruce Picea abies (L.) Karst., to ozone in open-top chambers. 1. Effects on the capacity of net photosynthesis, dark respiration and leaf conductance of shoots of different ages. New Phytologist 115: 335–344. , ,
- 1995 Contrasting effects of tropospheric ozone on five native herbs which coexist in calcareous grassland. Global Change Biology 1: 143–151. &