Differentiation of polyphosphate metabolism between the extra- and intraradical hyphae of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2002
Volume 149, Issue 3, pages 555–563, March 2001
How to Cite
Tatsuhiro, E., Sally E., S. and F., A. S. (2001), Differentiation of polyphosphate metabolism between the extra- and intraradical hyphae of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. New Phytologist, 149: 555–563. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2001.00040.x
- Issue online: 4 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2002
- Received: 5 June 2000 Accepted: 26 September 2000
- 1987. Selective inactivation of an extra-cytoplasmic acid phosphatase of yeast-like cells of Sporothix schenckii by sodium fluoride. Journal of General Microbiology 133: 1503–1509. , & .
- 1997. Transport processes at the plant–fungus interface in mycorrhizal associations: physiological studies. Plant and Soil 196: 305–310. , , & .
- 1991. Differential sensitivity of the cellular compartments of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to protonophoric uncoupler under fermentative and respiratory energy supply. Biochemistry 30: 11212–11220. , , , & .
- 1972. Kinetics and inhibition of alkaline phosphatases from canine tissues. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 289: 158–168. .
- 1982. The enzymes of polyphosphate metabolism in vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizas. New Phytologist 91: 81–91. & .
- 1999. NMR-observed phosphate trafficking and polyphosphate dynamics in wild-type and vph1–1 mutant Saccharomyces cerevisiae in response to stresses. Biotechnology Progress 15: 65–73. , & .
- 1999. Novel form of spreading acidification and depression in the cerebellar cortex demonstrated by Neutral red optical imaging. Journal of Neurophysiology 81: 1992–1998. , , & .
- 1980. Translocation and transfer of nutrients in vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizas. III. Polyphosphate granules and phosphorus translocation. New Phytologist 84: 649–659. , , , & .
- 1999. Specific inhibitor and substrate specificity of alkaline phosphatase expressed in the symbiotic phase of the arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus, Glomus etunicatum. Mycologia. 91: 636–641. , , , & .
- 1995. Comparison of phosphatase localization in the intraradical hyphae of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi, Glomus spp. & Gigaspora spp. Plant and Soil 176: 57–63. , & .
- 1991. Enzymatic studies on the metabolism of vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizas. V. Is H+-ATPase a component of ATP-hydrolysing enzyme activities in plant–fungus interfaces? New Phytologist 117: 61–74. , , & .
- 1980. An evaluation of techniques for measuring vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizal infection in roots. New Phytologist 84: 489–500. & .
- 1974. Tripolyphosphate as a substrate of the inorganic pyrophosphatase from baker’s yeast; the role of divalent metal ions. Acta Biologica et Medica Germanica 33: 1–14. & .
- 1995. Inorganic polyphosphate: toward making a forgotten polymer unforgettable. Journal of Bacteriology 177: 491–496. .
- 1999. Inorganic polyphosphate: a molecule of many functions. Annual Review of Biochemistry. 68: 89–125. , & .
- 1997. Comparison of exopolyphosphatases of different yeast cell compartments. Microbiological Research 152: 221–226. , , & .
- 1997. A novel method for determination of inorganic polyphosphates using the fluorescent dye Fura-2. Analytical Biochemistry 246: 176–184. , , , , & .
- 1951. Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent. Journal of Biological Chemistry 193: 265–275. , , & .
- 1980. The metabolic properties of acid soluble polyphosphates in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Molecular and General Genetics 178: 69–76. & .
- 1993. Polyphosphate granules are an artefact of specimen preparation in the ectomycorrhizal fungus Pisolithus tinctorius. Protoplasma 173: 91–102. & .
- 1991. Morphometric and energy dispersive X-ray analysis of polyphosphate distribution in the VAM fungus Glomus versiforme associated with leek. Symbiosis 11: 63–71. & .
- 1991. Polyphosphate hydrolysis within acidic vacuoles in response to amine-induced alkaline stress in the halotolerant alga Dunaliella salina. Plant Physiology 97: 1234–1240. & .
- 1999. A Lycopersicon esculentum phosphate transporter (LePT1) involved in phosphorus uptake from a vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus. New Phytologist 144: 507–516. , , , & .
- 1997. Mycorrhizal symbiosis, 2nd edn. San Diego, CA, USA: Academic Press. & .
- 1999. Polyphosphates in intraradical and extraradical hyphae of an arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus, Gigaspora margarita. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 65: 5604–5606. , , & .
- 1996. Solvent polarity and pH effects on the spectroscopic properties of Neutral red: application to lysosomal microenvironment probing in living cells. Photochemistry and Photobiology 63: 601–607. , , , , & .
- 1953. A microcolorimetric method for the determination of inorganic phosphorus. Journal of Biological Chemistry 202: 675–685. & .
- 1979. Ultrastructure and X-ray analysis of phosphorus granules in a vesicular–arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus. Canadian Journal of Botany 57: 2812–2818. & .
- 1961. Statistical estimation in enzyme kinetics. Biochemistry Journal 80: 324–332. .
- 1994. A soluble exopolyphosphatase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: purification and characterization. Journal of Biological Chemistry 269: 10996–11001. & .
- 1993. Effects of osmotic stress and growth stage on cellular pH and polyphosphate metabolism in Neurospora crassa as studied by 31P nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1179: 141–147. , & .