Fructans and fructan-metabolizing enzymes in leaves of Lolium perenne
Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2002
Volume 150, Issue 1, pages 97–109, April 2001
How to Cite
Pavis, N., Boucaud, J. and Prud’homme, M. P. (2001), Fructans and fructan-metabolizing enzymes in leaves of Lolium perenne. New Phytologist, 150: 97–109. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2001.00068.x
- Issue online: 1 AUG 2002
- Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2002
- Received: 31 August 2000Accepted: 24 October 2000
- 1991. Photosynthate partitioning in basal zones of tall fescue leaf blades. Plant Physiology 95: 663–668. , .
- 1994. Purification and characterization of fructans with β-2,1- and β-2,6-glycosidic linkages suitable for enzyme studies. New Phytologist 127: 261–267. , , , .
- 1988. Compartment and fluxes of carbon in leaf blades and leaf sheaths of Poa annua L. & Poa x jemtlandica (Almq.) Richt. Plant, Cell & Environment 11: 535–543. , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248–254. .
- 1992. A reconsideration of fructan biosynthesis in storage roots of Asparagus officinalis L. New Phytologist 120: 463–473. .
- 1993. Evidence for the de novo synthesis of fructan by enzymes from higher plants: reappraisal of the SST/FFT model. New Phytologist 123: 15–24. .
- 1991. The interpretation of in vitro measurements of fructosyl transferase activity: an analysis of patterns of fructosyl transfer by fungal invertase. New Phytologist 118: 23–34. , .
- 1988. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum L. I. Chromatographic characterization of oligofructans and their labelling patterns following 14C feeding. New Phytologist 109: 399–405. , .
- 1997. Fructan biosynthesis in excised leaves of Lolium temulentum. VII. Sucrose and fructan hydrolysis by a fructan-polymerizing enzyme preparation. New Phytologist 136: 61–72.DOI: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00715.x , , , , .
- 1999. Characterization of the enzymatic polymerization of 2,6-linked fructan by leaf extracts from timothy grass (Phleum pratense). New Phytologist 142: 79–91. , , , .
- 1993. Loliose – a novel trisaccharide in leaves of Lolium and Festuca species. Plant Physiology (Life Science Advance) 12: 113–116. , , .
- 1995. Sucrose: fructan 6-fructosyltransferase, a key enzyme for diverting sucrose to fructan in barley leaves. Plant Physiology 107: 1249–1255. , , , , .
- 1994. Nitrogen use within the growth leaf blade of tall fescue. Plant Physiology 105: 191–197. , .
- 1996. Fructan metabolism in expanding leaves, mature leaf sheaths and mature leaf blades of Lolium perenne. Fructan synthesis, fructosyltransferase and invertase activities. New Phytologist 134: 205–214. , , .
- 1989. Changes in stubble carbohydrate content during regrowth of defoliated perennial ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) on two nitrogen levels. Grass and Forage Science 44: 411–415. , , , , .
- 1988. Fructan content and synthesis in leaf tissue of. Festuca Arundinacea. Plant Physiology 86: 1247–1251. , .
- 1996. Purification and characterization of the enzymes of fructan biosynthesis in tubers of Helianthus tuberosus Colombia. II. Purification of sucrose: sucrose 1-fructosyltransferase and reconstitution of fructan synthesis in vitro with purified sucrose: sucrose 1-fructosyltransferase and fructan: fructan 1-fructosyltransferase. Plant Physiology 110: 1167–1175. , .
- 1997. Patterns of solute in individual mesophyll, bundle sheath and epidermal cells of barley leaves induced to accumulate carbohydrate. New Phytologist 136: 97–104.DOI: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00718.x , , , .
- 1995. Fructosyltransferase activities in the leaf growth zone of tall fescue. Plant Physiology 107: 1419–1425. , .
- 1996. Inulin synthesis by a combination of purified fructosyltransferases from tubers of Helianthus tuberosus. FEBS Letters 385: 39–42. , , , , , .
- 1997. Hydrolysis of fructan in grasses: a β-(2–6)-linkage specific fructan-β-fructosidase from stubble of Lolium perenne. New Phytologist 135: 279–290. , , .
- 1999. Partitioning of reserve and new assimilated carbon in roots and leaf tissues of Lolium perenne during regrowth after defoliation: assessment by 13C steady-state labelling and carbohydrate analysis. Plant, Cell & Environment 22: 1097–1108.DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-3040.1999.00485.x , , , .
- 2000. Structure of fructans in roots and leaf tissues of lolium perenne. New Phytologist. , , , , , , .
- 1991. Fructan metabolism in grasses and cereals. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 42: 77–101. , .
- 1992. Carbohydrate content, fructan and sucrose enzyme activities in roots, stubble and leaves of ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.) as affected by source/sink modification after cutting. Journal of Plant Physiology 140: 282–291. , , , .
- 1997. Fructan and fructan metabolizing activities in the growth zone of barley leaves. New Phytologist 136: 73–79.DOI: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00714.x , , , , .
- 1987. Growth rates and carbohydrate fluxes within the elongation zone of tall fescue leaf blades. Plant Physiology 85: 548–553. , .
- 1988. Diurnal growth of tall fescue leaf blades. I. Spatial distribution of growth, deposition of water, and assimilate import in the elongation zone. Plant Physiology 86: 1070–1076. , .
- 1988. Diurnal growth of tall fescue leaf blades. II. Dry matter partitioning and carbohydrate metabolism in the elongation zone and adjacent expanded tissue. Plant Physiology 86: 1077–1083. , , .
- 1990. Spatial distribution of growth rates and of epidermal cell lengths in the elongation zone during leaf development in Lolium perenne L. Planta 181: 423–431. , , , .
- 1994. Feedback control of gene expression. Photosynthesis Research 39: 427–438. .
- 1981. Purification and characterization of 6G-fructosyltransferase from the roots of asparagus (Asparagus officinalis L.). Carbohydrate Research 96: 281–292. .
- 1992. Structural analysis of oligomeric fructans from excised leaves of Lolium temulentum. Phytochemistry 31: 2989–2992. , , .
- 1997. Sugar sensing and sugar-mediated signal transduction in plants. Plant Physiology 115: 7–13. , .
- 1991. Fructan metabolism in leaves of Lolium rigidum Gaudin I. Synthesis of fructan. New Phytologist 119: 509–516. , .
- 1995. Purification, cloning, and functional expression of sucrose: fructan 6-fructosyltransferase, a key enzyme of fructan synthesis in barley. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 92: 11652–11656. , , , , .
- 1993. Fructosyl-transferase activities from Lolium rigidum Gaudin. New Phytologist 123: 705–715. , , .
- 1997. Identification of products formed by a fructan: fructan fructosyltransferase activity from Lolium rigidum. New Phytologist 135: 249–257.DOI: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.1997.00654.x , , , .
- 1998. Cloning of fructan biosynthesis pathways of jerusalem artichoke. Plant Journal 15: 489–500. , , , .
- 1999. Fructan: more than a reserve carbohydrate? Plant Physiology 120: 351–359.DOI: 10.1104/pp.120.2.351 , .
- 1997. Fructan of the inulin neoseries is synthesized in transgenic chicory plants (cichorium intybus L.) harbouring onion (Allium cepa L.) fructan: fructan 6G-fructosyltransferase. Plant Journal 11: 387–398. , , , , , , .
- 1986. Nonstructural carbohydrates in stem base components of tall fescue during regrowth. Crop Science 26: 122–127. .
- 1981. Cell dynamics in leaf meristems of contrasting tall fescue genotypes. Crop Science 21: 381–385. , .
- 1978. Leaf growth, leaf aging and photosynthetic rate of tall fescue genotype. Crop Science 18: 769–772. , .