Growth and nitrogen uptake of CO2-enriched rice under field conditions
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
Volume 150, Issue 2, pages 223–229, May 2001
How to Cite
Kim, H. Y., Lieffering, M., Miura, S., Kobayashi, K. and Okada, M. (2001), Growth and nitrogen uptake of CO2-enriched rice under field conditions. New Phytologist, 150: 223–229. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2001.00111.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
- Received: 11 August 2000 Accepted: 3 November 2000
- 1995. World agriculture. Towards 2010. Chichester, UK: FAO-Wiley. .
- 1996. Assessment of rice response to global climate change: CO2 and temperature. In: KochGW, MooneyHA, eds. Carbon Dioxide and Terrestrial Ecosystems. San Diego, USA: Academic Press, 265 – 282. , , , .
- 1998. Growth and nitrogen uptake in an experimental community of annuals to elevated atmospheric CO2. Global Change Biology 4: 607 – 626. , , .
- 1997. Elevated CO2 enhances below-ground C allocation in three perennial grass species at different levels of N availability. New Phytologist 137: 421 – 431. & .
- 1997. More efficient plants: a consequence of rising atmospheric CO2? Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 48: 609 – 639. , , .
- 1993. Predicting the effects of climate variation and elevated CO2 on rice yield in Japan. Journal of Agricultural Meteorology 48: 567 – 574. .
- 1997. Physiological characteristics of high-yielding rice inferred from cross-location experiments. Field Crops Research 52: 55 – 67. , , , , , .
- 1985. Increase in atmospheric partial pressure of carbon dioxide and growth and yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Japanese Journal of Crop Science 54: 413 – 418. , , .
- 1995. Physiological response of rice to carbon dioxide, temperature and nutrients. In: PengS, IngramKT, NeveHU, ZiskaLH, eds. Climate change and rice. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 253 – 257. .
- 1970. Influence of blast disease on harvest in rice plant. I. Effect of panicle infection on yield components and quality. Bulletin of the Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station (Morioka: Japan) 39: 55 – 96. & .
- 1996a. Effects of elevated CO2 concentration and high temperature on growth and yield of rice. I. The effect on development, dry matter production and some growth characteristics. Japanese Journal of Crop Science 65: 634 – 643. , , , .
- 1996b. Effects of elevated CO2 concentration and high temperature on growth and yield of rice. II. The effect on yield and its components. Japanese Journal of Crop Science 65: 644 – 651. , , , .
- 1998. Effect of elevated CO2 concentration on ripening of rice. Japanese Journal of Crop Science 67 (extra issue 1): 96 – 97. , , , .
- 1983. Carbon dioxide and agricultural yield: an assemblage and analysis of 430 prior observations. Agronomy Journal 75: 779 – 788. .
- 1994. The effect of plant nitrogen condition during reproductive stage on the differentiation of spikelets and rachis-branches in rice. Japanese Journal of Crop Science 63: 193 – 199. & .
- 1999. The free air CO2 enrichment (FACE) with rice in Japan. In: HorieT, GengS, AmanoT, InamuraT, ShiraiwaT, eds. World food security and crop production technologies for tomorrow. Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan. , , .
- 1999. Free-air carbon dioxide enrichment (FACE) in global change research; a review. Advances in Ecological Research 28: 1 – 56. & .
- 1998. Growth dynamics and genotypic variation in tropical, field-grown paddy rice (Oryza sativa L.) in response to increasing carbon dioxide and temperature. Global Change Biology 4: 645 – 656. , , , .
- 2000. Free-air CO2 enrichment (FACE) with pure CO2 injection: Rice FACE system design and performance. New Phytologist 150: 251 – 260. , , , , , .
- 1996. Root to shoot ratio of crops as influenced by CO2. Plant and Soil 187: 229 – 248. , , , .
- 1991. Acclimation of rice to changing atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration. Plant, Cell and Environment 14: 577 – 583. , , , .
- 1995. Physiological characteristics related with lodging tolerance of rice in direct sowing cultivation. III. Relationship between the characteristics of root distribution in the soil and lodging tolerance. Japanese Journal of Crop Science 64: 243 – 250. , , .
- 2000. Atmospheric carbon dioxide and fertilizer effects on radiation interception by rice. Plant and Soil 220: 99 – 106. , , .
- 1981. Fundamentals of rice crop science. Los Baños, Philippines: International Rice Research Institutes. .
- 1996. The influence of nitrogen on the elevated CO2 response on field-grown rice. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 23: 45 – 52. , , , .
- 1997. Growth and yield responses of field-grown tropical rice to increasing carbon dioxide and air temperature. Agronomy Journal 89: 45 – 53. , , , .