Free-air CO2 enrichment (FACE) of a poplar plantation: the POPFACE fumigation system
Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2001
Volume 150, Issue 2, pages 465–476, May 2001
How to Cite
Miglietta, F., Peressotti, A., Vaccari, F. P., Zaldei, A., DeAngelis, P. and Scarascia-Mugnozza, G. (2001), Free-air CO2 enrichment (FACE) of a poplar plantation: the POPFACE fumigation system. New Phytologist, 150: 465–476. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2001.00115.x
- Issue online: 21 DEC 2001
- Version of Record online: 21 DEC 2001
- Received: 28 August 2000 Accepted: 1 February 2001
- 2000. Estimates of the annual net carbon and water exchange of forests: The EUROFLUX methodology. Advanced Ecological Research 30: 113 – 175. , , .
- 1994. Dependence of the extent and direction of average stomatal response in Zea mays L. and Phaseolus vulgaris L. on the frequency of fluctuations in environmental stimuli. Plant Physiology 105: 1007 – 1013. , , .
- 2000. Effects of intrapulse structure on hole geometry in laser drilling. Journal of Laseries Applications 12: 232 – 238. , , .
- 1973. Carbon dioxide and the photosynthesis of field crops: a metered carbon dioxide release in cotton under field conditions. Agronomy Journal of 65: 7 – 11. , , .
- 1996. Effects of FACE system operation on the micrometeorology of a loblolly pine stand. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers 39: 1551 – 1556. , , , , , .
- 2000. A physiological basis for quality control issues in FACE experiments. New Phytologist. (In press.) .
- 1999. A free-air enrichment system for exposing tall forest vegetation to elevated atmospheric CO2. Global Change Biology 5: 293 – 309. .
- 1997. Can photosynthesis respond to short term fluctuations in atmospheric carbon dioxide? Photosynthesis Research 51: 179 – 184. , , , .
- 1984. Gas dynamics, 2nd edn. New York, USA: Prentice Hall, Inc., 49 – 53. .
- 1941. The local structure of turbulence in incompressible viscous fluid at very large Reynolds numbers. C R Academic of Sciences URSS 30: 301. .
- 1992. Brookhaven National Laboratory Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment facility. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 11: 135 – 141. , , .
- 1996. The effect of Free Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment (FACE) and soil nitrogen availability on the photosynthetic capacity of wheat. Photosynthesis Research 47: 281 – 290. , , .
- 2001. Spatial, temporal performance of the MiniFACE, (Free Air CO2 Enrichment) system on bog ecosystems in northern, central Europe. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 66: 107 – 127. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1985. Research on the effects of higher than ambient concentrations of SO2 and NO2 on vegetation under semi-natural conditions: the development and testing of a field fumigation system; process description. First Interim Report to the Commission of the European Communities, EEC Contract ENV-677-NL. January–December, 1983. Wageningen, The Netherlands: Research Institute for Plant Protection. .
- 1990. In: MunsonBR, YoungDF, OkishiTH, eds. Fundamentals of fluid mechanics, 2nd edn. NY, USA: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 697 – 781. , , .
- 2001. Free-air CO2 enrichment (FACE) with pure CO2 injection: system description. New Phytologist 150: 000 – 000. , , , , , .
- 2000. A FACE experiment on short rotation, intensive poplar plantation: objective and experimental set up of POPFACE. In: SuttonMA, MorenoJM, Van Der PuttenWH, StruweS, eds. Terrestrial ecosystem research in europe: successes, challenges and policy. Bruxelles, Belgium: RTD Info European Commission, 136 – 140. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Scalar turbulence. Nature 405: 639 – 646. & .