Influence of coumarin on the net nitrate uptake in durum wheat
Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
Volume 150, Issue 3, pages 619–627, June 2001
How to Cite
Abenavoli, M. R., De Santis, C., Sidari, M., Sorgonà, A., Badiani, M. and Cacco, G. (2001), Influence of coumarin on the net nitrate uptake in durum wheat. New Phytologist, 150: 619–627. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2001.00119.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2001
- Article first published online: 21 DEC 2001
- Received: 19 January 2000 Accepted: 11 December 2000
- 1995. Effect of coumarin on growth of cells cultured in liquid medium from carrot (Daucus carota L.). Giornale Botanico Italiano 129: 989–990. & .
- 1996. Physiological changes induced by coumarin in leaf explants of Petunia hybrida. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Special issue for the 10th FESPP Congress, 310. & .
- 1986. Effects of humic substances on nitrate uptake and assimilation in barley seedlings. Canadian Journal of Soil Science 66: 731–736. , , .
- 1993. Inhibition of radish germination and root growth by coumarin and phenylpropanoids. Journal of Chemical Ecology 19: 175–183. , , , .
- 1956. Studies on roots. IV. Effect of coumarin and scopoletin on the standard root growth pattern of Phleum Pratense. American Journal of Botany 43: 612–620. & .
- 1994. Effects of benzoic and cinnamic acids on growth, mineral composition, and chlorophyll content of soybean. Journal of Chemical Ecology 20: 2821–2833. , , .
- 1992. Differential inhibition by ferulic acid of nitrate and ammonium uptake in Zea mays L. Plant Phisiology 98: 639–645. , , , .
- 1981. Coumarins. In: StumpfPK, ConnEE, eds. The Biochemistry of Plants, Vol. 7. New York, USA: Academic Press Inc, 269–299. .
- 1973. Guida alle esercitazioni di botanica. Rome, Italy: Edizioni Bizzarri. & .
- 1975. Rapid colorimetric determination on nitrate in plant tissue by nitration of salicylic acid. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 6: 71–80. , , , .
- 1996. Root structure and sites of ion uptake. In: WaiselY, EshelA, KafkafiU, eds. Plant roots: the hidden half. New York, USA: Marcel Dekker, 483–510. .
- 1998. Mechanisms for N-uptake and their running costs; is there scope for more efficiency?. In: LambersH, PoorterH, Van VurenMMI, eds. Inherent variation in plant growth. physiological mechanisms and ecological consequences. Leiden, The Netherlands: Backhuys Publishers, 221–235. .
- 1999. Expression analysis of a high-affinity nitrate transporter isolated from Arabidopsis thaliana by differential display. Planta 207: 461–465. & .
- 1973. Influence of phenolic acids on ion uptake. I. Inhibition of phosphate uptake. Plant Physiology 51: 1037–1041. .
- 1974. Influence of phenolic acids on ion uptake. III. Inhibition of potassium absorption. Journal of Experimental Botany 25: 1104–1113. .
- 1974. Influence of phenolic acids on ion uptake. IV. Depolarization of membrane potentials. Plant Physiology 54: 855–858. & .
- 1973. Regulation of nitrate reductase in Penicillium chrysogenum by ammonium ion. Plant Physiology 52: 362–367. , , , .
- 1971. Effects of seselin and coumarin on growth, indoleacetic acid oxidase, and peroxidase, with special reference to cocumber (Cucumis sativa L.) radicles. Plant Physiology 47: 312–316. & .
- 1981. Characterization of inhibition of K+ absorption in oat roots by salicylic acid. Plant Physiology 68: 1349–1353. & .
- 1950. The water-culture method for growing plants without soil. California Agriculture Experimental Station Circular 347: 32–50. & .
- 1990. Induction of nitrate transport in maize roots, and kinetics of influx measured with nitrogen-13. Plant Physiology 93: 642–647. , , , .
- 1982. Plant growth curves: the functional approach to plant growth analysis. London, UK: Edward Arnold. .
- 1980. Coumarin effects on Glycine max hypocotyl explants. Physiologia Plantarum 48: 486–490. & .
- 1994a. The effect of coumarin on root elongation and ltrastructure of meristematic cell protoplast. Annals of Botany 73: 525–530. , , , .
- 1994b. Effect of coumarin and xanthoxin on mitochondrial structure, oxygen uptake, and succinate dehydrogenase activity in onion root cells. Journal of Chemical Ecology 20: 2471–2480. , , , .
- 1996. Mineral nutrition of higher plants, 2nd edn. London, UK: Academic Press. .
- 1988. Development of accelerated net nitrate uptake. Effects of nitrate concentration and exposure time. Plant Physiology 87: 162–166. & .
- 1995. Inhibition of growth, and effects on nutrient of artic graminoids by leaf extracts-allelopathy or resource competition between plants and microbes? Oecologia 103: 407–418. , , , , , .
- 1987. Effects of acids, coumarins and flavonoids on isolated chloroplast and mitochondria. In: Waller GR, ed. Allelochemicals: role in agriculture and forestry. Washington DC, USA: ACS Symposium Series, 247–261. & .
- 1982. The natural coumarins: occurrence, chemistry of organic natural products. Chichester, UK: John Wiley. , , .
- 1984. Allelopathy: an overview. Orlando, USA: Academic Press. .
- 1991. Higher responses to environmental nitrate. Physiologia Plantarum 82: 640–650. & .
- 1987. Nitrate and ammonium nutrition in plants. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 25: 805–812. , , , , .
- 1998. Effect of imazamethabenz-methyl on nitrate uptake in wheat (Triticum durum L.). Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 46: 2800–2803. , , , .
- 1995. Function and contribution of root tip in the induction of NO3-uptake along the barley root axis. Journal of Experimental Botany 46: 1669–1676. , , .
- 1971. The effect of coumarin on root growth and root histology. Physiologia Plantarum 24: 446–470. .
- 1995. Coumarins in the interactions between the plant and its environment. Allelophathy Journal 2: 9–20. & .