Membrane depolarization induces K+ efflux from subapical maize root segments
Version of Record online: 4 APR 2002
Volume 154, Issue 1, pages 45–51, April 2002
How to Cite
Nocito, F. F., Sacchi, G. A. and Cocucci, M. (2002), Membrane depolarization induces K+ efflux from subapical maize root segments. New Phytologist, 154: 45–51. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2002.00369.x
- Issue online: 4 APR 2002
- Version of Record online: 4 APR 2002
- Received: 30 July 2001 Accepted: 12 November 2001
- 2001. K+ transport by Arabidopsis root hairs at low pH. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 154: 635–641. , , , , .
- 1999. Proteins for transport of water and mineral nutrients across the membrane of plant cells. Plant Cell 11: 661–676. , , .
- 1993. Effects of rubidium and potassium on potassium efflux from subapical segments of maize roots. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 31: 9–16. , .
- 1952. A kinetic study of the absorption of alkali cations by barley roots. Plant Physiology 27: 457–474. , .
- 1998. Identification and disruption of a plant shaker-like outward channel involved in K+ release into the xylem sap. Cell 94: 647–655. , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Ionic channels of excitable membranes. Sunderland, MA, USA: Sinauer Associates. .
- 1982. Potassium transport in corn roots. I. Resolution of kinetics into a saturable and linear component. Plant Physiology 70: 1723–1731. , .
- 1989. High affinity K+ uptake in maize roots. A lack of coupling with H+ efflux. Plant Physiology 91: 1202–1211. , , .
- 1997. Role of higher plant K+-channels. Plant Physiology 114: 1141–1149. , , , .
- 1993. Energization of potassium uptake in Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta 191: 302–307. , .
- 1994. Mechanism of high-affinity potassium uptake in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 91: 9276–9279. , .
- 1995. Contrasting role in ion transport of two K+-channel types in root cells of Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta 197: 456–464. , .
- 1996. Mechanisms of potassium absorption by higher plant roots. Physiologia Plantarum 96: 158–168. , .
- 1997. Signalling in guard cells and regulation of ion channel activity. Journal of Experimental Botany 48: 515–528. .
- 2000. Xenopus oocytes as an expression system for plant transporters. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1464: 343–358. , .
- 1954. A modified ninhydrin reagent for the photometric determination of amino acids and related compounds. Journal of Biological Chemistry 211: 907. , .
- 1999. Early copper-induced leakage of K+ from Arabidopsis seedlings is mediated by ion channels and coupled to citrate efflux. Plant Physiology 121: 1357–1382. , , , , .
- 2001. Ion transport in roots: measurements of fluxes using ion-selective microelectrodes to characterize transporter function. Plant, Cell & Environment 24: 1–14. .
- 1995. Inward and outward K+-selective current in the plasma membrane of protoplasts from maize root cortex and stele. The Plant Journal 8: 811–825. , .
- 2000. Potassium transport in fungi and plants. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1469: 1–30. .
- 1986. A potassium-proton symport in Neurospora crassa. Journal of General Physiology 87: 649–674. , , .
- 1995. Sodium-driven potassium uptake by the plant potassium transporter HKT1 and mutation conferring salt tolerance. Science 270: 1660–1663. , , .
- 1997. Cs+ uptake in subapical maize root segments: mechanism and effects on H+ release, transmembrane electric potential and cell pH. Plant Cell Physiology 38: 282–289. , , , .
- 2000. Ionic and osmotic components of salt stress specifically modulate net ion fluxes from bean leaf mesophyll. Plant, Cell & Environment 23: 825–837. .
- 1993. Cesium insensitive mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 3: 647–656. , , .
- 1987. Potassium transport across the membranes of Chara. I. The relationship between radioactive tracers influx and electrical conductance. Journal of Experimental Botany 38: 731–751. , , .
- 1997. Techniques for studying ion channels: an introduction. Journal of Experimental Botany 48: 353–359. .
- 1967. Potassium ion activities in the cytoplasm and vacuole of cells of Chara australis. Nature 216: 1324–1327. .
- 1995. Simultaneous measurement of intracellular pH and K+ or NO3− in barley root cells using triple-barreled, ion-selective electrodes. Plant Physiology 108: 743–751. , , .
- 1997. Patch-clamping and other molecular approaches for the study of plasma membrane transporters demystified. Plant Physiology 114: 1151–1159. .
- 1999. Activation kinetics of the K+ outward rectifying conductance (KORC) in xylem parenchyma cells from barley roots. Journal of Membrane Biology 170: 103–119. , .
- 1994. Ion channels in the xylem parenchyma of barley roots. A procedure to isolate protoplasts from this tissue and a patch-clamp exploration of salt passage way into xylem vessels. Plant Physiology 105: 799–813. , .