Within and between population genetic variation for zinc accumulation in Arabidopsis halleri
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2002
Volume 155, Issue 1, pages 59–66, July 2002
How to Cite
Macnair, M. R. (2002), Within and between population genetic variation for zinc accumulation in Arabidopsis halleri. New Phytologist, 155: 59–66. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2002.00445.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUN 2002
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2002
- Received: 3 December 2001 Accepted: 27 February 2002
- 2001. Elevated expression of metal transporter genes in three accessions of the metal hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. Plant, Cell & Environment 24: 217–226. , , , , , .
- 1981. Accumulators and excluders – strategies in the response of plants to heavy metals. Journal of Plant Nutrition 3: 643–654. .
- 2002. Do Arabidopsis halleri from nonmetallicolous populations accumulate zinc and cadmium more effectively than those from metallicolous populations? New Phytologist 155: 47–57. , , , , .
- 2000. Zinc tolerance and accumulation in metallicolous and nonmetallicolous populations of Arabidopsis halleri (Brassicaceae). New Phytologist 146: 225–233. , , , , .
- 1998. Plants that hyperaccumulate heavy metals. Wallingford, UK: CAB International. , ed.
- 1987. Complexity of iron nutrition – lessons for plant–soil interaction research. Journal of Plant Nutrition 10: 963–994. , .
- 2001. Molecular mechanisms of plant metal tolerance and homeostasis. Planta 212: 475–486. .
- 2000. Zinc and cadmium hyperaccumulation by Thlaspi caerulescens from metalliferous and non-metalliferous sites in the mediterranean area: implications for phytoremediation. New Phytologist 145: 429–437. , , , , et al.
- 1989. An introduction to quantitative genetics, 3rd edn. Harlow, UK: Longman. .
- 1986. Thlaspi caerulescens J. & C. Presl. (T. alpestre L.) in Britain. New Phytologist 102: 219–233. , .
- 2001. Physiological evidence for a high-affinity cadmium transporter highly expressed in a Thlaspi caerulescens ecotype. New Phytologist 149: 53–60. , , , , .
- 1999. Use of zincon to study uptake and accumulation of zinc by zinc tolerant and hyperaccumulating plants. Communications in Plant and Soil Analysis 30: 1127–1136. , .
- 1997. Heavy metal tolerance and accumulation in metallicolous and non-metallicolous populations of Thlaspi caerulescens from continental Europe. Plant Ecology 133: 221–231. , .
- 2000. Possible molecular mechanisms involved in nickel, zinc and selenium hyperaccumulation in plants. Biotechology and Genetic Engineering Reviews 17: 389–413. , .
- 1996. The quantitative genetics of zinc hyperaccumulation in Thlaspi caerulescens. New Phytologist 132: 113–118. , .
- 1998. Phytoremediation. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 49: 643– 668. , , .
- 2000. Zinc hyperaccumulation and cellular distribution in Arabidopsis halleri. Plant, Cell & Environment 23: 507–514. , , , .