Arsenic hyperaccumulation by different fern species
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2002
Volume 156, Issue 1, pages 27–31, October 2002
How to Cite
Zhao, F. J., Dunham, S. J. and McGrath, S. P. (2002), Arsenic hyperaccumulation by different fern species. New Phytologist, 156: 27–31. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2002.00493.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2002
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2002
- Received: 18 June 2002 Accepted: 27 June 2002
- 1979. Arsenic uptake by barley seedlings. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 6: 459–466. , .
- 2000. Metal hyperaccumulator plants: a review of the ecology and physiology of a biochemical resource for phytoremediation of metal-polluted soils. In: TerryN, BañuelosG, eds. Phytoremediation of contaminated soil and water. Boca Raton, FL, USA: Lewis Publishers, 85–107. , , , .
- 2002. Arsenic species in an arsenic hyperaccumulating fern, Pityrogramma calomelanos: a potential phytoremediator of arsenic-contaminated soils. Science of the Total Environment 284: 27–35. , , , .
- 2001. Phytochelatins are involved in differential arsenate tolerance in Holcus lanatus. Plant Physiology 126: 299–306. , , , , , .
- 1987. Encyclopaedia of ferns. Portland, OR, USA: Timber Press. .
- 1982. Selectivity and kinetics of ion uptake by barley plants following nutrient deficiency. Annals of Botany 50: 429–449. .
- 2001. A fern that hyperaccumulates arsenic – a hardy, versatile, fast-growing plant helps to remove arsenic from contaminated soils. Nature 409: 579–579. , , , , , .
- 1995. Mineral nutrition of higher plants, 2nd edn. London, UK: Academic Press. .
- 2002. Phytoremediation of metals, metalloids, and radionuclides. Advances in Agronomy 75: 1–56. , , .
- 2002. Arsenic uptake and metabolism in arsenic resistant and nonresistant plant species. New Phytologist 154: 29–43. , .
- 1990. An altered phosphate-uptake system in arsenate-tolerant Holcus lanatus L. New Phytologist 116: 29–35. , .
- 2000. Reduction and coordination of arsenic in Indian mustard. Plant Physiology 122: 1171–1177. , , , , , .
- 2000. Detoxification of arsenic by phytochelatins in plants. Plant Physiology 122: 793–801. , , .
- 2002. Effects of arsenic concentrations and forms on arsenic uptake by the hyperaccumulator ladder brake. Journal of Environmental Quality 31: 641–647. , .
- 1989. Evaluation of arsenate- and vanadate-associated changes of electrical membrane potential and phosphate transport in Lemna gibba-G1. Journal of Experimental Botany 40: 119–128. , , .
- 2002. The potential of Thai indigenous plant species for the phytoremediation of arsenic contaminated land. Environmental Pollution 118: 453–461. , , .
- 2002. Mechanisms of arsenic hyperaccumulation in Pteris vittata: uptake kinetics, interactions with phosphate, and arsenic speciation. Plant Physiology (in press.) , , , , , .