Nitrogen, translocation and Sphagnum mosses
Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2002
Volume 156, Issue 2, pages 140–141, November 2002
How to Cite
Bridgham, S. D. (2002), Nitrogen, translocation and Sphagnum mosses. New Phytologist, 156: 140–141. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2002.00521.x
- Issue online: 21 OCT 2002
- Version of Record online: 21 OCT 2002
- 1999. Plant-mediated controls on nutrient cycling in temperate fens and bogs. Ecology 80: 2170–2181. , , .
- 1992. Growth-limiting nutrients in Sphagnum-dominated bogs subject to low and high atmospheric nitrogen supply. Journal of Ecology 80: 131–140. , , .
- 2002. Nitrogen translocation in Sphagnum mosses: effects of atmospheric nitrogen deposition. New Phytologist 156: 241–253. .
- 2001a. Soils of northern peatlands: Histosols and Gelisols. In: RichardsonJL, VepraskasMJ, eds. Wetland soils: genesis, hydrology, landscapes, and classification. Boca Raton, FL, USA: CRC Press, 343–370. , , , .
- 2001b. A comparison of nutrient availability indices along an ombrotrophic-minerotrophic gradient in Minnesota wetlands. Soil Science Society of America Journal 65: 259–269. , , .
- 1998. Plant community response and nutrient dynamics as a result of manipulations of pH and nutrients in a bog and fen in northeastern Minnesota. PhD thesis, University of Notre Dame, IN, USA. .
- 1963. Ion exchange in Sphagnum and its relation to bog ecology. Annals of Botany 27: 309–324. .
- 1995. The biogeochemistry of northern peatlands and its possible responses to global warming. In: WoodwellGM, MackenzieFT, eds. Biotic feedbacks in the global climatic system. New York, USA: Oxford University Press, 169–187. .
- 1987. Responses to acidic deposition in ombrotrophic mires in the UK. In: HutchinsonTC, MeemaKM, eds. Effects of atmospheric pollutants on forests, wetlands and agricultural ecosystems. Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag, 549–560. , , , .
- 1997. Patterns of retention and utilization of aerially deposited nitrogen in boreal peatlands. Ecoscience 4: 106–116. , .
- 2002. Plant dynamics, nutrient cycling, and multiple stable equilibria in peatlands. American Naturalist (In press.) , , , , .
- 1989. Transport of carbon and phosphorus compounds about Sphagnum. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London 237: 147–158. , .
- 1997. Response of aboveground net primary plant production to nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization in peatlands in southern boreal Alberta, Canada. Wetlands 17: 502–512. , .
- 1992. Changes in moss-dominated wetland ecosystems. In: BatesJW, FarnerAM, eds. Bryophytes and lichens in a changing environment. Oxford, UK: Clarendon Press, 178–210. , .
- 2001. Production and microtopography of bog bryophytes: response to warming and water-table manipulations. Oecologia 128: 557–565. , , , , .