Canopy gaps to climate change – extreme events, ecology and evolution
Version of Record online: 8 SEP 2003
Volume 160, Issue 1, pages 2–4, October 2003
How to Cite
Ackerly, D. (2003), Canopy gaps to climate change – extreme events, ecology and evolution. New Phytologist, 160: 2–4. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2003.00888.x
- Issue online: 8 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 8 SEP 2003
- 2000. The evolution of plant ecophysiological traits: recent advances and future directions. Bioscience 50: 979–995. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Community assembly, niche conservatism and adaptive evolution in changing environments. International Journal of Plant Sciences 164: S165–S184. .
- 1991. Cold-induced photoinhibition limits regeneration of snow gum at tree line. Functional Ecology 5: 663–668. , , .
- 1996. Plants in changing environments. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. .
- 2000. Chance in biology: using probability to explore nature. Princeton, NJ, USA: Princeton University Press. , .
- 2000. Climate extremes: observations, modeling, and impacts. Science 289: 2068–2074. , , , , , .
- 2003. Extreme events as shaping physiology, ecology, and evolution of plants: toward a unified definition and evaluation of their consequences. New Phytologist 160: 21–42. , .
- 1991. Evolutionary genetics and environmental stress. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. , .
- 2000. Responses of plant populations and communities to environmental changes of the late Quaternary. Paleobiology 26: 194–220. , .
- 1997. Xylem dysfunction caused by water stress and freezing in two species of co-occurring chaparral shrubs. Plant, Cell & Environment 20: 425–437. , , .
- 1949. Factors of evolution. The theory of stabilizing selection. Philadelphia, PA, USA: Blakiston. .
- 2001. Dissimilarity analyses of Late-Quaternary vegetation and climate in eastern North America. Ecology 82: 3346–3362. , ,