Classifying aerial stems of woody plants by developmental stages using relative growth rate
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2003
Volume 161, Issue 2, pages 427–433, February 2004
How to Cite
Fujiki, D. and Kikuzawa, K. (2004), Classifying aerial stems of woody plants by developmental stages using relative growth rate. New Phytologist, 161: 427–433. doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2003.00939.x
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2003
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2003
- Received: 2 July 2003 Accepted: 2 October 2003; doi: 10.1046/j.1469-8137.2003.00939.x
- 1982. The demography of jack-in-the-pulpit, a forest perennial that changes sex. Ecological Monographs 52: 335–351. .
- 1981. Bifurcation ratios and the adaptive geometry of trees. Botanical Gazette 142: 394–401. , .
- 1979. Applications of transition matrix models in forest dynamics: Araucaria in Papua New Guinea and Nothofagus in New Zealand. Australian Journal of Ecology 4: 2–23. , .
- 1921. Some remarks on the methods formulated in a recent article on the quantitative analysis of plant growth. Annals of Applied Biology 7: 367–372. .
- 1986. Density-dependent population regulation in a Texas grassland. Ecology 67: 545–554. .
- 1987. Stem dynamics of the shrub Alnus incana ssp. rugosa: transition matrix models. Ecology 68: 1234–1242. , .
- 1997. Effects of the spatial arrangement of aerial stems and current-year shoots on the demography and growth of Hydrangea hirta in a light-limited environment. New Phytologist 136: 443–453. , .
- 1979. Age-specific survivorship and reproduction in Phlox drummondii. American Naturalist 113: 881–903. , .
- 1990. Forest measurement. Tokyo, Japan: Chikyusha. , .
- 1970. Versuch zur sistematischen und geographischen gliederung der Japanischen Buchenwardgesellschaften. Vegetatio 20: 214–249. .
- 1993. Introduction to plant population biology. London, UK: Blackwell Science. , .
- 1990. Age structure of trees in a natural cool-temperate forest. Journal of Japanese Forest Society 72: 292–303. , .
- 1975. Predictions of fate from rosette size in teasel (Dipsacus fullonum L.). Oecologia 20: 197–201. .
- 1977. Population growth rates and age versus stage-distribution models for teasel (Dipsacus sylvestris Huds.). Ecology 58: 1103–1111. , .
- 1951. On the resources and the methods of propagation of Kuromoji (Benzoin membranacum O. Kuntze) in the southern part of Hokkaido. Report of the Sapporo Branch Forestry Experiment Station 70: 1–51. , .